whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Hey everyone, I've got an order in on the waitlist for a Taycan CT4. http://www.porsche-code.com/PNUXDBD9. Note I'll be adding aftermarket wheels after delivery so didn't spec any wheel option

Really want to keep the car to a budget around $105k. As it currently stands, have standard interior, but added the premium package. I'm trying to decide whether to add leather, and pick a la carte the "must have" options from premium pack, or just stick with standard interior but the full package. Anyone have any thoughts on the below components to premium pack / which ones are worth ditching if I did add leather
  • Power Fold Mirrors: Must have since our garage doors are narrow
  • Lane Change Assist: Must have
  • 14/18 way seats: Must have for me, primarily for the memory function (in US, can only get it bundled). Had non-memory seats in the Raptor I had, and hated having to readjust mirrors and seats every time my wife and I switched
  • Ventilated Seats: Would consider if they are very effective. In our Lexus GX460 can barely feel it
  • Surround View: Not sure about this one - mostly want it for the front camera, but if front sensors can detect a parking block/curb, can maybe do without
  • Ambient lighting: Not as big a fan of porsche's design as in mercedes and BMW. Still, wondering if it adds enough to ambience
  • Bose: Is the standard audio that bad? I don't consider myself an audiophile at all, but will notice if the standard audio is really bad since I always listen to music driving. Our GX460 and my previous Gen2 raptor had standard audio and was decent enough (but could be better), but our Mazda 3 obviously is not
  • Ionizer: Not useful to me
  • PDLS+: low utility to me, as an in-town car the high beam usage is next-to none
If I took only the top 3 items above, it would save $2,880 off of getting the premium pack, which is close enough that I think I could get the leather. Any more, and I don't think it'd be worth not getting the premium package
Sponsored

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I have the standard leather in my CT and am very happy with the premium package and would opt for that over the upgraded leather. The technology package is also a good value.

Last edited:

Olle-swe

First Name
Olle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe GTS
Country flag
I have the full leather and it really adds a nice premium feel to the interior, seats, dash aso. I would not like to be without it!
But, if I had to choose between that and what seems to be included in the premium pack, I would absolutely go for the premium pack instead. 360 camera is a really nice option that is hard to live without once you have tried it!

Another thing, if you have not speced you car with the electrical cover for the charging port - the add it. Our car has only 1100km on the meter but due to the openings behind the front wheels we have thousands of small chip marks on the back wheel arch already.

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Another thing, if you have not speced you car with the electrical cover for the charging port - the add it. Our car has only 1100km on the meter but due to the openings behind the front wheels we have thousands of small chip marks on the back wheel arch already.
I don't see how a manual charging cover could be linked to this?

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Take both, you only live once. Took everything I wanted and very happy with that decision. I can for example drink less to save the budget ?. But I am from Finland of course.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I’d definitely skip package add just what you want and leather as well.
Some of the stuff in the pack sounds useless, I never dented a car without 360 cams! Since when did we become so assisted…
If a city car I wouldn’t go for LCA but add lighting!

Last edited:

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Leather over package if you like two tone interior. Standard would be fine for black and grey.

points worth checking with your SA: I am pretty sure side mirrors can be retracted by pressing a button on the driver door to deal with garage door, as “Electrically adjustable and heatable exterior mirrors” come as standard.
The automatic mirror simply add the function of automatic folding in after locking the car. So it wouldn’t really help when you are entering the garage.

That what my 7 years old Cayenne has. Doesn’t fold automatically after locking, but able to fold by pressing the button.

Second point would be seat memory function. I agree it is a must have, but in US and Canada we couldn’t select seat memory option as a standalone option like a UK configuration for example. I wondering whether the seat memory actually comes as standard in US and Canada without upgrading the seat. If there are people who stay with standard seat could confirm that would be great.

Overall good build, but have you considered adding “Roof Rails in Black Aluminum Finish”? For me that what complete the look for a Stormtrooper CT.

And I would personally add sport chrono and opt for compass on the dash, so cool.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Take both, you only live once. Took everything I wanted and very happy with that decision. I can for example drink less to save the budget ?. But I am from Finland of course.
Yes in Scandinavia you can decide not to drink any alcohol for a weekend and with the money saved you can buy full leather. Just have to think about something else to do during that dark winter weekend. Be careful that you won’t need an extra child seat in 9 months. Best take the 2+1 rear seat just in case.

OP
OP
whan

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Leather over package if you like two tone interior. Standard would be fine for black and grey.
Interesting - I've got two tone beige standard specced now. Would you say the beige non leather doesn't look that great hence the leather upgraded needed? Vs the black standard looks better?

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Interesting - I've got two tone beige standard specced now. Would you say the beige non leather doesn't look that great hence the leather upgraded needed? Vs the black standard looks better?
I have standard grey (partial leather) in my Cayenne and over the years the color and material holds up great with kid.

I test drove black full leather and felt I wouldn't really notice the difference between standard black. Plus the standard black synthetic leather has a more futuristic look on an EV around the dashboard area.

But once you are selecting a lighter tone color (beige for ex.) The material texture and stitching details (lack of in case of standard) would jump out more. I am certain the standard would look fine, but with leather upgrade you get more color combo to choose from, and would look that much better especially with a lighter color leather.

OP
OP
whan

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have standard grey (partial leather) in my Cayenne and over the years the color and material holds up great with kid.

I test drove black full leather and felt I wouldn't really notice the difference between standard black. Plus the standard black synthetic leather has a more futuristic look on an EV around the dashboard area.

But once you are selecting a lighter tone color (beige for ex.) The material texture and stitching details (lack of in case of standard) would jump out more. I am certain the standard would look fine, but with leather upgrade you get more color combo to choose from, and would look that much better especially with a lighter color leather.
Thanks! Now that you mentioned it - I peered into a customer owned taycan with standard beige when I was at the dealer, and noticed texturing on the seat that I wasn't hugely fond of. If I don't go leather perhaps I'll just change my order to black. I prefer two tone but the ease of keeping clean for black is a nice plus. No kids now but probably one within the next 3 or 4 years

magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Pick the leather + the options you want. The leather adds a premium feel to it and judging from what you said, you won't need those other useless bundled options anyways so just opt for the leather.
Sponsored