Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan turbo s, porsche 911 -991 and 911 G typr
Country flag
Dashcam in Porsche Taycan installed, dual = front and back.
For more information see:
https://www.carcam.nl/dashcam/porsche-quad-hd-dual-dashcam-binnenspiegel-voor-en-achter/

Price 399 Euro (incl. vat in NL/EU) plus SD-card 39 Euro = 438 Euro incl. VAT
Installation-service at home (in NL) 250 Euro makes a totall of 688 Euro incl. VAT
It is also possible to order the DashCam and then ask your local Porsche-dealer to install this Dual-Dashcam-system.

By using app TimaCAM its easy to see the real images and easy to download the video's

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 20210512_112306

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 20210512_112355

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 20210512_112430

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 20210512_112519

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back camerabeeld achter

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back Camerabeeld voor

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back Dashcam NL

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back TimaCam app-menu

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back TimaCam ma

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Ordered one couple of weeks ago. Will soon install it.

And nice mancave ;)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
https://www.carcam.nl/dashcam/porsche-quad-hd-dual-dashcam-binnenspiegel-voor-en-achter/

Installation-service at home (in NL) 250 Euro makes a totall of 688 Euro incl. VAT
It is also possible to order the DashCam and then ask your local Porsche-dealer to install this Dual-Dashcam-system.

By using app TimaCAM its easy to see the real images and easy to download the video's

20210512_112306.jpg

20210512_112355.jpg

20210512_112430.jpg

20210512_112519.jpg

camerabeeld achter.jpg

Camerabeeld voor.jpg

Dashcam NL.jpg

TimaCam app-menu.jpg

TimaCam map.jpg
Looks Great! Any more pictures of the rear camera in terms of wires hidden etc?

Thanks!

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

@TaycanTurboS-yellow what are your thoughts about this camera now that you've had it for a couple of weeks? Any issues with it running down the 12v battery? Are you still satisfied with the quality of the video and the resolution?

It is the most "clean" installation of a dash cam for a Taycan I've seen yet, especially with a rear camera, and I'm leaning towards purchasing one and finding someone here in Austin to install it for me.

OP
OP
TaycanTurboS-yellow
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan turbo s, porsche 911 -991 and 911 G typr
Country flag
Hello, Yes i'm happy with the camera's. No problems with battery, because the camera's stop recording after a minute when the car is turned off. The app is working great. You have to know that the recorded videos can be downloaded on your telephone when you are sitting in the car. communication works with wifi-signal between the camera-unit and your telephone. So with this system you can easy download the video's without taking out the SD-card. If you also want to see the camera-video's and pictures when you are on a distance of your car, then you also need a 4G-module in combination with videodata in the cloud. I think this will use more energy and you will need an abonnement (disadvantage). The company carcam.nl can also deliver this 4G-module. They told me that it is also possible to choose for this extra option in the future.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have moved from using the CarCam to the similar FitCamX because:

a] I prefer the wiring harness of the FitCamx
b] I have no need for a rear camera

Therefore, I have a "spare" CarCam for the Taycan which consists of:

a] Front Camera
b] Rear Camera
c] Wiring harness from fuze box to front camera
d] Wiring harness between front and read cameras.
e] All original packaging and instructions.
f] 32 GB card that came with the camera.

It was installed in my car for a few days before I removed it and replaced with the other camera.

I'm happy to post this to any forum member if they were willing to paypal me the cost of postage. I'm located in Ireland, so there would be zero customs issues sending within the union. Posting outside to US, UK, etc, comes with a potential customs charge on import to your country though that will depend on local rules, package opening regulations, etc.

First to DM me willingness to PayPal me the delivery costs and lets me know their country/address so I can figure out the cost – gets it.

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
First to DM me willingness to PayPal me the delivery costs and lets me know their country/address so I can figure out the cost – gets it.
I tried to send a DM but the site won't allow me, likely due to some sort of permissions.

Have you had any takers for your "spare" CarCam yet? Any idea what it would cost to ship it to Texas in the USA?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I've fixed DM permissions. Using regular postal service as opposed to UPS, etc I got these prices:

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 16.40.37

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Installed mine last week. Image quality surprised me, because it's actually pretty good. You need to take some time to install it the correct way. Don't route your cables along the roof where the airbags are, but go over the floor then up again at the c-pillar again. The cable is long enough.
Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 1622218489819

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 1622218516672

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 1622218543029

It works like you expect from a dashcam, but the only strange thing is that you get advertisements in the timacam app.

What I didn't get working for now is the parking collision function. I'll have to check what is wrong here. @TaycanTurboS-yellow, is this working in your car?

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Installed mine last week. Image quality surprised me, because it's actually pretty good. You need to take some time to install it the correct way. Don't route your cables along the roof where the airbags are, but go over the floor then up again at the c-pillar again. The cable is long enough.

It works like you expect from a dashcam, but the only strange thing is that you get advertisements in the timacam app.

What I didn't get working for now is the parking collision function. I'll have to check what is wrong here. @TaycanTurboS-yellow, is this working in your car?
Does the rear camera hide behind the roofline of the rear window in your car as well? That is very appealing to not have it visible in the rearview mirror in rear window.

Is Timacam the only app that will work with this cam? Having advertisements in the dash cam app is enough to steer me to other options I'm afraid.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update: This camera is now gone to someone in the UK.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Does the rear camera hide behind the roofline of the rear window in your car as well? That is very appealing to not have it visible in the rearview mirror in rear window.
I tried several positions and ended up with using the tape to attach it to the bottom of the third brake light. You'll see a small piece of wiring, but although I like it when nothing is visible I wasn't planning on cutting into the oem Porsche pieces.

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 1622280969812

From the rearview mirror
Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 1622281025493

Is Timacam the only app that will work with this cam? Having advertisements in the dash cam app is enough to steer me to other options I'm afraid.
I'm not sure if other app's are available or even compatible with these cameras.

The advertisements are not really that annoying. There is one popup and you can clear it almost instant. Also you don't use the app that often, probably a few times a year if needed. The way the front camera is integrated in the mirror base is for me more important, because I look at it every day. The so called Audi/Porsche oem cam is much more present with its wiring and ugly glueing pad for the windscreen.
Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 1622281537960

Porsche Taycan Quad HD Dual Dashcam front and back 1622281796396

Last edited: