jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
Well....heading into week 3 of the Taycan being in the shop. (again)
LOVE LOVE LOVE this car. It's been very very dependable except for 1 small issue that is tripping me up. The suspension. Started with a failed left rear suspension pump which took several days to arrive from Germany. Then, during that time my wiring harness got pinched. Similar issues to the above had it in the shop a couple days for diagnostics. Verdict: pinched wiring harness.
Repaired by the dealer, however, Porsche mandated that the section of the wiring harness be replaced. That was ordered and 3 weeks later I had an appointment. UH OH....turns out that there's a panel that has to come apart and that required a special adhesive that can only come from.....Germany!
Dealer takes the panel apart and voila.....wiring harness sent from Germany was incorrect. My deal states they have been calling Germany for 2 weeks now and NO REPLY. I'm stuck. waiting. No timeline. <UGH>

I really love this Taycan more than I expected. I'm anxious to drive it, but the learning curve is brutal for my local dealer.
Hoping to get it back at some point.

Anyone else experiencing similar?

Jim
Sponsored

Last edited:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The lack of local parts inventory is not the operations one would expect from a premium brand with decades of experience. Porsche has not addressed it even now that they are well into second year of production.
It also has nothing to do with electronics shortages since it affects all kinds of parts like windshield, suspension pumps, a/c valves etc.

Last edited: