OP
GRV

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
Unreal and must be massively frustrating!

Not to derail this thread but quite curious re your comment re the replaced 19.2 kW charger - how big a job was this I wonder i.e. also involve major disassembly?

I ask as there is a separate thread on Porsche's initial press release about retrofitting this unit for cars that did not order it new but which subsequently has never been followed up (by Porsche) - likely as demand for this would be relatively low and I'd have to assume cost to purchase and retrofit prohibitive!
My 19.2kW had to be replaced after day 2 of ownership. It took 2 weeks but most of that time was part in transit, clearing customs, etc. from Germany. It sounded fairly invasive if I recall my invoice description.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
No. It was an excessive electrical/gear noise. Almost sounded like the stator contacting the case of the motor. Obviously it was a gear issue since the noise was only in first gear and only at higher speeds where the certain frequency would be heard. It was super loud right before it shifted into second.

Reactions: GRV
OP
OP
GRV

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
My 19.2kW had to be replaced after day 2 of ownership. It took 2 weeks but most of that time was part in transit, clearing customs, etc. from Germany. It sounded fairly invasive if I recall my invoice description.
This was the work done to replace the onboard charger...

Porsche Taycan Rattle - Steering Column 1639504518028

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
This was the work done to replace the onboard charger...

1639504518028.png
Thx for sharing - no doubt the swap out is involved but TBH, does not read like too much hassle at all! This reads like a relatively straight forward job that could be done in hours or 1/2 day vs days.

I wonder now if there is a lot of additional wiring/hook-ups involved if you were retrofitting to a car that was not configured for the charger but again, beyond scope of this thread - so will park it here. Interesting!

Reactions: GRV