Seat rattle

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Two months in and my Taycan 4S has been excellent. I have one really annoying issue though that seems to be getting worse and it is a rattle from the passenger seat but only when there isn't a passenger sitting in it. In the beginning it was occasional but now it is constant and very annoying. My car is booked in for it to be looked at but I was wondering if any of you have had the same issue and if it can be fixed easily myself.

Thanks
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have this EXACT issue. Very annoying. I was planning on requesting a fix when I next take it in. I have elected not to take it in exclusively for this issue.

boxrbus

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2006 997S, 2023 992
Country flag
Try extending the headrest out…it worked for mine.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had my 4S for just over two weeks and I have noticed a slight rattle from the passenger seat when no one is in it. I did extend the headrest to no avail. I'm hoping the rattle doesn't get any worse.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have definitely tried all of the various solutions that people have suggested. No success to date. Good news that it is getting worse, so that it will be difficult for service to say that they don’t hear it.

OP
OP

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Update and fix - Porsche had the car for a couple of weeks and it came back with exactly the same noise. Nothing was fixed. Very disappointing. I called them and expressed my dissatisfaction and they apologised and booked it in again for November 2021. Since the noise was driving me mad, I thought I would take a look myself. I could not see anything obvious but I decided to try moving the seat all the way back, all the way to the front and repeated the same again and then moved the seat up and down too. In the course of moving the seat back and forth I heard a creek/crack like something clicking into place. This was the first time the seat had been moved (it is the passenger seat I have issues with). And now the noise has gone! It has been about a month since I did this and I have not heard the noise reappear. Hopefully it is resolved.

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Rattle is in the headrest and there is a service bulletin for it. Had it taken care at the same time as the software reprogram.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rattle is in the headrest and there is a service bulletin for it. Had it taken care at the same time as the software reprogram.
This was true for mine as well, although the parts to fix it are ”on order,” and I have not actually had the work performed yet. It has been about six weeks since they ordered the part.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Mine has been in twice now and they can't fix the headset rattle, latest was that its happening on other cars as well, driving me mad.
Sponsored