Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
If anybody is unsure regarding rear wheel steering 3 months into new car and for me its a great option and for sure would recommend ticking box you won't regret it
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Apart from when you need to get the wheels aligned. Then get ready for a big bill!!

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apart from when you need to get the wheels aligned. Then get ready for a big bill!!
For me worth ever penny
But interested to know have you had experience with rear wheel steering and how did you find it and size of bill

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
If anybody is unsure regarding rear wheel steering 3 months into new car and for me its a great option and for sure would recommend ticking box you won't regret it
Just had a ride in town with my Maserati Ghibli and was amazed how RWS felt in CT4 after that. Cornering abilities and nimbleness extra ordinary. I love RWS, do not leave it out.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me worth ever penny
But interested to know have you had experience with rear wheel steering and how did you find it and size of bill
Experience - Yes. Got it - No. Would I get it - not sure/maybe.
I have not experienced the alignment costs personally but heard its around £700 in the UK and takes about 3hrs to do - but maybe there are far cheaper options…

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So not a deal breaker as said earlier worth ever penny its a great car but even better with RWS

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a quote for front wheel tracking £1200.00, thankfully they didn’t need doing! This was when I hit something on the M40 and split the nsf wheel

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Given that RWS aligns the rear tyres with car rotation (slow speed) and car lateral travel (higher speeds) - has anyone noticed improved tyre longevity as a result?

I guess true comparison is difficult, with Taycan being relatively new, so not many people can compare with and without.......

But gut feeling mebbies?

cheers

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Given that RWS aligns the rear tyres with car rotation (slow speed) and car lateral travel (higher speeds) - has anyone noticed improved tyre longevity as a result?

I guess true comparison is difficult, with Taycan being relatively new, so not many people can compare with and without.......

But gut feeling mebbies?

cheers
Thats a good point I am not sure but someone on this forum will have an answer

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I’ve been having this debate on another chat recently. I hadn’t considered until the PEC. Now deliberating as would need to sacrifice on my chosen colour and some other extras like elec charger cover to keep me on budget.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Experience - Yes. Got it - No. Would I get it - not sure/maybe.
I have not experienced the alignment costs personally but heard its around £700 in the UK and takes about 3hrs to do - but maybe there are far cheaper options…
I think the cost is high because some parts of bodywork have to be removed so not sure rws is more expensive to align than standard.
I can't see why it would be.

Reactions: B61

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I’ve been having this debate on another chat recently. I hadn’t considered until the PEC. Now deliberating as would need to sacrifice on my chosen colour and some other extras like elec charger cover to keep me on budget.
Your colour choice would be hard to sacrifice but, for me, the powered charger cover is just something else to go wrong and is superfluous anyway since you need to be next to it to plug in anyway.

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
I know of two GT3’s that have left the road and had big accidents, both owners said rws was at fault.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your colour choice would be hard to sacrifice but, for me, the powered charger cover is just something else to go wrong and is superfluous anyway since you need to be next to it to plug in anyway.
Yes but the powered covers are so cool! 😂. My excuse is that

1. they look better (side profile);
2. vandal’s cannot rip them off in a public charging situation (though there are admittedly worse things that could be done);
3. the powered covers mean no road rash down the front doors (which some have experienced) even if the minor aero benefit is lost…I know some have put DIY meshes in to prevent that but I assume that also negates/reduces any minor aero benefit (due to flow disruption).
Sponsored