Heated Steering Wheel.

SunnyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i8
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Picked up a a nearly used Turbo S a few days ago and new to the forum. I have a question on the heated steering wheel.

It's not very hot! Or is it supposed to be like that? My BMW's wheel was much warmer than the Taycan.

I still have warranty and just wanted to gauge opinion.

Many thanks,
Sunny
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Howdy and welcome to the Forum, @SunnyP ! I have a 2022 base Taycan. My steering wheel is warm, not hot, I'd guess about 33 °C / 91 °F. I'm happy with it, but then again Arizona USA isn't the coldest of places. And on cold mornings (below roughly 7 °C / 45 °F) the heated steering wheel turns on automatically as I start my drive.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Gently warm.

Our Volvo has 3 settings from gently warm to ouch.

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
The heated stearing wheel on a Taycan is and remains warm, unlike for example Tesla where you could set the steps...
Taycan has only on/off....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Picked up a a nearly used Turbo S a few days ago and new to the forum. I have a question on the heated steering wheel.

It's not very hot! Or is it supposed to be like that? My BMW's wheel was much warmer than the Taycan.

Many thanks,
Sunny
Never hot and varies on ambient temp. Note that it's an EV ruse to save some energy.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Mine is nice and warm, but not hot. Warm enough to warm up cold hands on a cold day. Personally I’d not want warmer but I guess personal preference and it’s also warmer where I hold the wheel compared to other positions

Last edited:

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks,
Sunny
Have both a Taycan and BMW X7. The heated steering wheel is substantially less warm on the Taycan. Also not as evenly distributed. Does the job on a cold day but not as warm as the BMW…

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
For 2.5 years, I have had to turn mine off after a pre-heat. It is too hot to hold comfortably. Strange others find it only warm.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Mine is pleasantly warm after a preheat and I normally switch it off after a few miles unless my fingers are still cold.
I wouldn't want mine any warmer.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
My GTS ST (collected in July) came with it included even though I didn't spec it. This thread has reminded me to try it out now the temperatures have dropped. Completely forgot I had it due to the button being hidden. In fact, had my SA not told me about it, it's entirely likely I would have owned the car and sold it on after a few years without ever knowing it was there.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks,
Sunny
My Taycan deliberately was ordered without one but I have one on my 992 TS - absolutely hate them! It gets far too hot and feels uncomfortable.

ColinTheBandit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mine is certainly hotter than my Range Rover Sport, not really hot but a good temp.

Panther1

First Name
Riz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530 Msport Sp Ed
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks,
Sunny
in my opinion it’s warm, but warm enough… if you put preheat on before you get to the car it seems to be at a good temperature. Only the one setting on or off though

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

funny you say that. the Stering wheel and heated seats are much hotter in both my tesla model 3 and Y. they also get to max temp quicker
Sponsored