Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
I just had my entire battery replaced in my 2020 4S. It took about 4 weeks to get it back as they had to build a brand new one in Germany. It runs soo much better now!!!
What was it doing or not doing pre replacement ? I have a 2020 in the VIN range called the dealer and the 800 number, but no one knew anything yet.
Sponsored

DWN4IT

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
What was it doing or not doing pre replacement ? I have a 2020 in the VIN range called the dealer and the 800 number, but no one knew anything yet.
I got in it to drive and received the "Electrical Error, Pull Over to a Safe Place" message, the "red circle of death" as some call it. I could not put it into drive or reverse and had to have it towed by Porsche Roadside Assistance. The dealership called a couple days later and said it needed an entirely new battery. I bought the car used last August and it only had 1800 miles on it. Of course it now has 7900 miles on it. I got it back from the dealership after about 4 weeks.

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
Monatelange Standzeiten möglich

Audi und Porsche rufen die elektrischen Sportwagen Audi E-Tron GT und Porsche Taycan zurück. Teilemangel kann für monatelange Standzeiten der Fahrzeuge in den Werkstätten sorgen.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/verkehr/rueckrufe-fuer-audi-e-tron-gt-und-porsche-taycan/

English translation:

Possible leaks and cell defects in the high-voltage battery force the Audi E-Tron GT and the Porsche Taycan into the workshops. At Porsche, the free inspection and any necessary battery immersion takes four hours; Audi did not provide any information. This is a voluntary recall, the Federal Motor Transport Authority in Flensburg has been informed. Currently, waiting times of up to three months are possible due to a lack of parts. The affected vehicles should not be moved during this time.
Anyone know what years are affected?
In 2 years and 33K miles my range is down from 225 to 200. I hope it doesn't drop too much further or it will become a really pretty golf cart to just run errands in...

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,

Where do they have the VIN range listed? I haven't been able to find that.

I have a 2020 4S.
Thanks

dnigrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Could someone post tips on how to interpret these VIN sequences? The relevant range for me (4S) in the PDF above is:

Begin : WP0AB2Y16LSA50078
End : WP0AB2Y18PSA36740

And my VIN starts with WP0AB2Y13LSA... , so I'm assuming I'm not in the range - is that correct?

EDIT - after doing a bit of Googling, I see that's incorrect; the '6' or the '8' after the AB2Y1 is a checksum. The last 6 characters are the serial number. So I'm guessing these VIN ranges are not sequential, and not of all that much utility?

P.S. - I used the info at this site: Porsche Taycan VIN Decoder & Lookup (bumper.com)

Last edited:

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Yea no clue if mine is in that range or not. I would honestly be glad if I was getting a new battery.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
Porsche advises 85%. Which I find low already considering the relatively great buffer they use. So they are on the safe side.
Agreed. Have Porsche removed or lowered the buffer on Taycan 1.2?

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
Could someone post tips on how to interpret these VIN sequences? The relevant range for me (4S) in the PDF above is:

And my VIN starts with WP0AB2Y13LSA... , so I'm assuming I'm not in the range - is that correct?

EDIT - after doing a bit of Googling, I see that's incorrect; the '6' or the '8' after the AB2Y1 is a checksum. The last 6 characters are the serial number. So I'm guessing these VIN ranges are not sequential, and not of all that much utility?

P.S. - I used the info at this site: Porsche Taycan VIN Decoder & Lookup (bumper.com)
Yes I find it to be strange, I was ignoring the checksum, but it isn’t conclusive so I think at this point I wait until May.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Yeah, doesn't seem useful.

I get that it isn't sequential (e.g. some serial numbers like 40000 may not be used), but I would expect the beginning number (A50078) to be less than the ending number (A36740).

edit. I didn't realize this for multiple years, the L=2020, the P=2023, so what this really says is practically any car produced in 2020, 2021, 2022 and maybe 2023 may be affected as long as it is the AB2Y1 trim ...but elsewhere it says only 600 cars affected.

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Exactly. Only thing I could think of is that they re-start the sequence for each new model year?
Oh wait, you are right. The the P=2020, the S=2023. I thought this was just for the 2020 model which is why I made my comment.

So this is even more useless since on the one hand it says model numbers from 2020 to 2023 that are the "ABY1" trim, on the other they say only 600 cars affected.
Sponsored

Last edited: