First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Winge
I am taliking about the car’s PCM ability to connect to servers si that connected applications of the PCM (internet radio, native Apple Music, calendar, etc) work flawlessly.

since the uPdate, my LTE icon rien to the horizontal opposite pointing arrows for a few 10-15 seconds and then connects back witha return to functionality of such apps.

was never happening before…

3174CF84-953E-48A6-B5A5-706AC7962FC0.jpeg
That icon is the signal strength of your phone and not the PCM to its separate data service as I understand it.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That icon is the signal strength of your phone and not the PCM to its separate data service as I understand it.
Your understanding is the same as mine;

The bars alongside the phone is the signal strength of the cellular phone linked via Bluetooth to the pcm. The LTE logo simply refers to the inboard E-Sim being connected to its cellular netwok (a different provider in my case) and to see it’s strength, you have to dig in the … sub menus

Last edited:

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your understanding is the same as mine;

The bars alongside the phone is the signal strength of the cellular phone linked via Bluetooth to the pcm. The LTE logo simply refers to the inboard E-Sim being connected to its cellular netwok (a different provider in my case) and to see it’s strength, you have to dig in the … sub menus
Here’s the topo and a clear picture of
My issue
Good integrated e-sim signal strength whereas the LTE sign changed to the double horizontal opposite arrows of NO connection….

Porsche Taycan Reliability online connection 53CBADB8-BA9C-4478-A388-74995FD4410B

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My issue
Good integrated e-sim signal strength whereas the LTE sign changed to the double horizontal opposite arrows of NO connection….

53CBADB8-BA9C-4478-A388-74995FD4410B.jpeg
Have you deleted your phone from devices, PCM from your phone, and re-pairred?

What happens when you cable connect via the glovebox?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My issue

53CBADB8-BA9C-4478-A388-74995FD4410B.jpeg
The crossed lines is the LTE connection as you say. That is the built in e-sim and your field strength is shown for that e-sim in your car, as you describe.

There could be an issue with the network for data communication from the car. The capacity of the LTE network my not be sufficient and then the LTE sign will be crossed out. Has there been a chnge of network provider, or has the concentration of cars in the area changed dramatically (for instance roadworks with long queues??) You have the field strength but not the capacity.

After the uPdate my car has performed much much better for internet connection and I now can successfully connect to the car 90% of the time. When it fails it has been in weak coverage.

One thing I tried when I had these problems was the battery disconnect. That cured it most times and reestablished a good LTE connection.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The crossed lines is the LTE connection as you say. That is the built in e-sim and your field strength is shown for that e-sim in your car, as you describe.

There could be an issue with the network for data communication from the car. The capacity of the LTE network my not be sufficient and then the LTE sign will be crossed out. Has there been a chnge of network provider, or has the concentration of cars in the area changed dramatically (for instance roadworks with long queues??) You have the field strength but not the capacity.

After the uPdate my car has performed much much better for internet connection and I now can successfully connect to the car 90% of the time. When it fails it has been in weak coverage.

One thing I tried when I had these problems was the battery disconnect. That cured it most times and reestablished a good LTE connection.
Absolutely no change since the uPdate, same region, same area

I have absolutely NO problem with establishing connection with the car. MyPorsche app retreives successfully info from the car and I can send requests any time. When I loose LTE signal for the integrated e-sim card, it is only intermittent while driving, lasts 10-15 seconds and then I loose Internet Radio, and Apple Music Icon greys out. It returns after a short lapse (10-15 seconds as I say) but may recur 4-5-6 times within the same 30 minutes drive.....

Anyhow, I'll ba taking it to the dealer next month for winter tires and squeaky brakes. I'll let them know.
Sponsored