Remote connectivity suddenly gone for last 48 hours. Is something down?

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
Just what it says. I've had my 2021 4S for 1.5 months now and it's more or less performing as I'd hoped.
Over the last two days though, remote connectivity just seems to have fallen off a cliff.

Whether in the My Porsche app or the My Porsche website, I can't get an accurate read of either the location of my car nor my state of charge, etc...

In the app, the "red dot" indicating "no connection" is showing. It's currently in my garage, but that has never been an issue before. Maybe I'll take it out and see.

Anyone had this happen?
If so is there a quick fix (like a reboot, disconnect/connect cycle I can trigger in the car)?
Or are Porsche servers just down?

Thanks for any tips.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same thing has been happening to me. My Porsche app shows it’s been 3 days since I’ve been able to establish a connection between the app and my 2022 CT

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
When you have the car on, up on the overhead console you should have a green light. This is an indicator that the Verizon connection is up. That would be the first thing to check. It can take a couple of minutes for the green led to light up.

If that is good, the next thing I would try would be to turn on privacy mode. And then turn it off. You can also try logging out of your account and logging back in.

You can also reboot the PCM, two finger touch in the upper tight corner. This will put the PCM into engineering mode. When the menu comes up, just choose the exit option. The PCM and center console will reboot.

The last thing you can try is to pull one of the battery connections, let the car sit a few minutes, then reconnect. This will reset everything.

OP
OP

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
Turning privacy mode off/on did the trick! Thanks for the tip.

Thinking back, this issue started 2 days ago when I parked the car a few levels underground in NYC. I wonder if that caused it to lost it's connection in a way that didn't restore properly.

Regardless, thanks so much for the simple solution.

Not being able to use the app to pre-heat the car was a real drag on these cold days.
Sponsored