Right gauge on dash unresponsive / blank

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
When getting into my MY22 yesterday, I noticed the right hand gauge in the instrument cluster was blank. I can see the outline of it but it only displays context-specific items (like passenger airbag off notifications). And it won't budge. For example, when I select extended map, the map doesn't expand to fill that gauge's real estate, instead the "ghost" gauge remains in place. Wondering if this is an OTA update issue or whether something else may be going on. Anyone else having a similar issue? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
When getting into my MY22 yesterday, I noticed the right hand gauge in the instrument cluster was blank. I can see the outline of it but it only displays context-specific items (like passenger airbag off notifications). And it won't budge. For example, when I select extended map, the map doesn't expand to fill that gauge's real estate, instead the "ghost" gauge remains in place. Wondering if this is an OTA update issue or whether something else may be going on. Anyone else having a similar issue? Any suggestions?
Picked up my MY22 last Friday. No issue with right gauge. Surprised yours was not caught at dealership upon final inspection. Seems like more than software update. Good luck.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Do you have a photo of it? It sounds like a broken panel to me.

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Picked up my MY22 last Friday. No issue with right gauge. Surprised yours was not caught at dealership upon final inspection. Seems like more than software update. Good luck.
Thanks. Have had my car for ~2 months. Problem just appeared yesterday. Gauges working fine up until then.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
A few ideas if leaving for 24 hours doesn't clear it

- Hard reset - disconnect 12V battery and reconnect within 5 mins.

- Pull the fuse for the display (if there is a dedicated one) and re-insert.

I doubt there is an issue with the physical unit more a software tangle which may resolve itself.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Here's a pic. Note the right-hand gauge.

IMG_1133.jpeg
Well, that does certainly not look like a hardware problem with the display at least.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
People have had similar HUD display issues and by pulling the fuse at the side of the dash resolved it. So I do think software related and not hardware.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
would be a nice FAQ entry: pulling which fuse to reset which malfunctioning part of the Taycan :)

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
would be a nice FAQ entry: pulling which fuse to reset which malfunctioning part of the Taycan :)
On the Tesla, holding down the two steering wheel buttons for 5 seconds re-boots the display computer. And I know on my 958 Cayenne, holding down the volume / power knob for a few seconds does the same for the PCM.

Is there something similar on the Taycan? Sounds like that might clear it up.

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update: Fuse pull did the trick.
Sponsored