Rock Chips on Mission E Wheels Paint

Sietek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello All,

This weekend, while washing my Taycan, I noticed a few rock chips in the paint of my Mission E wheels. At first I thought that it was just some road dirt, but when I got up close, I noticed that there were actually chips in the paint. :mad:

The wheels have never been curbed and these are the only blemish on them, but I would have thought that the paint on the wheels would be a bit tougher/harder and less easily damaged.

Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone recommend a good touchup paint so that I can repair them myself?

Porsche Taycan Rock Chips on Mission E Wheels Paint 20210315_111842

Porsche Taycan Rock Chips on Mission E Wheels Paint 20210315_111850

Porsche Taycan Rock Chips on Mission E Wheels Paint 20210315_111912

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's a car
This is an inane response. Maybe you’re okay with stone chips; not everyone is.

@Sietek I would recommend picking up touch up paint directly from Porsche. It’s pricier but it will be the closest match. After touching up, I would consider paint protection film for the outer accent.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would highly recommend taking the wheels to a good shop. Unless you are a professional quality refinisher, you won't be able to match the paint perfectly and will always know and notice the wheels have been been 'repaired'. At a top quality shop, you'll pay a few hundred bucks, but you're driving a $100K+ car. A good shop will be able to repair and return your wheels to 'as new' condition, and you'll never be able to tell it's been repaired. This car is such a piece of art, it would drive me nuts to know that some of my own amateur work was present in any way.

Don't know if this is an option for you at this point, but I got the 'wheel repair package' from my dealer. Any chips and even curbing will be repaired to 'as new' condition or they'll replace the wheel.

OP
OP

Sietek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

@Sietek I would recommend picking up touch up paint directly from Porsche. It’s pricier but it will be the closest match. After touching up, I would consider paint protection film for the outer accent.
Thanks hshm

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
Hello All,

This weekend, while washing my Taycan, I noticed a few rock chips in the paint of my Mission E wheels. At first I thought that it was just some road dirt, but when I got up close, I noticed that there were actually chips in the paint. :mad:

The wheels have never been curbed and these are the only blemish on them, but I would have thought that the paint on the wheels would be a bit tougher/harder and less easily damaged.

Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone recommend a good touchup paint so that I can repair them myself?

20210315_111842.jpg

20210315_111850.jpg

20210315_111912.jpg
I've seen on other forums that the paint on Mission E Wheels do get chipped easily.

Two ways to look manage it.

1. Get touch up paint in the meantime. And when there's more significant number of chips present then get them professionally refurbished with PPF

Or

2. Get them refurbished now and PPF

Hope you get it sorted

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got full ppf on my car and asked about having the wheels done. They said it wasn’t possible. I did get ceramic coating on them, not sure how much it helps prevent chips, but it does make them easier to clean.

Last edited:

papaken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello All,

20210315_111842.jpg

20210315_111850.jpg

20210315_111912.jpg
We got a chip on our wheels the first week we owned the car. Now 3000 miles later and fortunately nothing else. We touched up that spot and it looks better but still “touched up”. You can find paint to match at TouchUpDirect.com.

Porsche Taycan Rock Chips on Mission E Wheels Paint 2ADDC37A-A577-41EA-859F-B3DFD9302090

Porsche Taycan Rock Chips on Mission E Wheels Paint 0C08C73C-BF92-46BD-A3A7-9D8B4A9FD12E

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
We got a chip on our wheels the first week we owned the car. Now 3000 miles later and fortunately nothing else. We touched up that spot and it looks better but still “touched up”. You can find paint to match at TouchUpDirect.com.

2ADDC37A-A577-41EA-859F-B3DFD9302090.jpeg

0C08C73C-BF92-46BD-A3A7-9D8B4A9FD12E.jpeg
What was the color code for the wheel? I saw the choices for the exterior body colors.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have the body color painted Mission e wheels or the standard silver painted Mission e wheels? The paint code comes up as Porsche Cream White.

papaken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have the body color painted Mission e wheels or the standard silver painted Mission e wheels? The paint code comes up as Porsche Cream White.
we have the body color painted wheels

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will need to find out the paint code for the standard silver Mission - E rims.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I have no nicks on my car, but a few a rock chips in the wheels is pretty hard to avoid.
Sponsored