RWD in snow?

Fizzd99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I live in Boston and we do get snow I’m just a little worried about driving this in the snow ( not big snow storms) any recommendations other than getting snow tires? Is it going to slip all over the place ? Ive always had awd cars but couldn’t resist getting this, the 4s was above my price point.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I live in Boston and we do get snow I’m just a little worried about driving this in the snow ( not big snow storms) any recommendations other than getting snow tires? Is it going to slip all over the place ? Ive always had awd cars but couldn’t resist getting this, the 4s was above my price point.
the best would be to get dedicated snow tires. I had a RWD MB e class that was absolutely scary to use when there was snow on the ground until I put snow tires on it, then it drove on snow as solid as any 4wd car. imho while costly, these are the best snow tires that can be had.
https://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-r3/
https://www.nokiantires.com/tires/electric-cars/

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Hakkapeliita tires are awesome in snow.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Hakkapeliita tires are awesome in snow.
I used to live in Boston and drove some RWD cars there. As others have said, it is doable with the right tires. Might still be a little tough if you have to go up a huge hill or something like that, but otherwise fine most of the time with the right tires.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
In truth, AWD helps most when trying to climb steep, slippery hills. Tires are really the key for braking, and cornering though

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
In truth, AWD helps most when trying to climb steep, slippery hills. Tires are really the key for braking, and cornering though
sorry but I disagree. our cars even with awd equipped with even all season tires will struggle in snowy conditions.
can you drive in snow with all seasons? sure, but if you are able to equip the car with snows then you can drive in snow with less concerns about safety.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
sorry but I disagree. our cars even with awd equipped with even all season tires will struggle in snowy conditions.
can you drive in snow with all seasons? sure, but if you are able to equip the car with snows then you can drive in snow with less concerns about safety.
I agree. I should've been clearer that having the right tires for the conditions you are driving in is the most important thing.
Sponsored