First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Morning all.

I should be picking up my Taycan in the next week or too!!

I just wondered what Most people did for security to protect their pride and joy?

My car won’t have the comfort access extra.

cheers

Mike
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Morning all.

I should be picking up my Taycan in the next week or too!!

I just wondered what Most people did for security to protect their pride and joy?

My car won’t have the comfort access extra.

cheers

Mike
Subscribe to the Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (PVTS+) which constantly monitors the whereabouts of your car and other features. Service is hosted by Vodafone (via Porsche) and is annually renewable. All accessible via My Porsche website and / or Porsche Connect App.

Comfort Access has nothing to do with security.

OP
OP

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Subscribe to the Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (PVTS+) which constantly monitors the whereabouts of your car and other features. Service is hosted by Vodafone (via Porsche) and is annually renewable. All accessible via My Porsche website and / or Porsche Connect App.

Comfort Access has nothing to do with security.
Thanks for the help. I'll look into PVTS now. Is that linked or seperate to the tracker fobs that come with the car?

The lack of comfort access means that I don't need to worry about relay theft?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the help. I'll look into PVTS now. Is that linked or seperate to the tracker fobs that come with the car?

The lack of comfort access means that I don't need to worry about relay theft?
Yes that's correct. You should get 2 fobs and require pairing and activation by the dealer. Your dealer should have explained / discussed this with you by now as it is an option an all Porsche models.

Relay theft is an issue regardless - a signal is still sent via your key / fob whether you push the lock / unlock button on your key fob or not. With PVTS+ the potential thief however will need to have your fob to actually take the car as a theft alert will be triggered whenever the fob is not present plus the car is trackable.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think Relay Theft is not as much of an issue even on cars with Comfort Access as the keys are now Smart and only emit a signal when moving (or something like that). So the classic device at the front door won't work.

I also posted a similar thread here when I was getting my car......the general concensus was the thieves hopefully leave them alone as they could have very little charge in the battery... which would obviously be a problem for them. ?

The cars are also packed full of tech and constantly in touch with the 'mothership' - so selling a nicked one is going to be difficult anywhere in the world.

And stripping for parts doesn't make sense either as they are mostly Taycan specific.

So the thieves would probably sooner leave it and go for a Golf R or similar.
?

Last edited:

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Shotguns and geese have always worked for me.
Sponsored