Seeking Rolling Energy Resources Reviews

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Does anyone have intel on companies, such as RER in Colorado, who provide utilities in the US with "managed charging solutions" for EV customers? My electric co. has teamed up with RER to offer EV customers a $0.02 per kWh discount for off-peak charging. It costs nothing to join the program and there is no equipment to install. The catch however is that RER is permitted to skank data directly from the car to determine the number of kWh that the car has sucked off the grid during the designated hours. Neither my electric co. nor RER however discloses exactly what data they can access and what, other than feeding some consumption data back to my electric co., they intend to do with my car's data. My suspicion is that RER and their ilk are attempting to collect all available data, and somehow monetize this data (data is apparently the new oil). Perhaps I am overly paranoid but I don't understand why the electric co. does not simply offer a discount for all kWh consumed during off peak hours if balancing the grid is indeed the objective. Any insight on the inner workings of companies such as RER would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored