Sharing data point for 2023 GTS purchase

seattlefox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Exactly a year ago I learnt about this forum and joined. Since then I've learned so much from everyone here about Taycan, Porsche and EV - all of these are first time to me. Now exactly a year later, a new 2023 GTS was picked up from an out-of-state Porsche dealer earlier today and will be delivered to me this weekend. Here I wanted to share the purchase as a data point to anyone who might be in shopping mode and hopefully it can be helpful in some way.
  • Car is 2023 "leftover" (I guess that's the right term?)
  • Car is "new", meaning no previous owners. It has 150 miles on it from test drives (as I was told).
  • Car was "punched" about 20 days ago, so I pretty much have full 4 years new car warranty till May 2028.
  • MSRP: 168k, Purchase price: 117.5k. 30% off MSRP.
  • Spent another $3k plus tax to get it CPO-ed so the warranty goes till mid 2030 (4 years factory + 2 years CPO)

A few thoughts as I went through the shopping process:
  1. The Taycan demand is actually pretty high, especially for nicely optioned ones. When I was looking for GTS+ trim with performance-driven options (PDCC, RAS, etc) and leather interior, there were not a lot of choices nationwide. There were 2 times when a nicely optioned car showed up, and someone paid the deposit even before the car finished the CPO process. I honestly believe that the Taycan used car market (at least for CPOs) is pretty stabilized now.
  2. Surprisingly different SAs within the same dealership have different thoughts on how low they'd be willing to let the car go for. For my purchase, the first 2 SAs didn't even want to continue the chat with me with my offer, but the 3rd SA was willing to entertain it (which eventually led to the deal).
  3. I didn't know that a car could possibly be "punched" prior to being sold. After learning more about it online, and going through the process myself, I feel it's a great sweet spot to purchase a practically new car with a steep discount.
  4. I had always thought 19.2kw onboard charger option was a waste of money. This car had it, and I had treated as throw-away money... until the electrician told me I can easily install 100A circuit in my garage. Well now with PWCC being installed, this becomes a pleasant surprise.

For anyone else out there shopping for a Taycan, hope you all get your dream car soon!
Sponsored

PCFishman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Exactly a year ago I learnt about this forum and joined. Since then I've learned so much from everyone here about Taycan, Porsche and EV - all of these are first time to me. Now exactly a year later, a new 2023 GTS was picked up from an out-of-state Porsche dealer earlier today and will be delivered to me this weekend. Here I wanted to share the purchase as a data point to anyone who might be in shopping mode and hopefully it can be helpful in some way.
  • Car is 2023 "leftover" (I test drives (as I was told).
  • Car was "punched" about 20 days ago, so I pretty much have full 4 years new car warranty till May 2028.
  • MSRP: 168k, Purchase price: 117.5k. 30% off MSRP.
  • Spent another $3k plus tax to get it CPO-ed so the warranty goes till mid 2030 (4 years factory + 2 years CPO)

A few thoughts as I went through the shopping process:
  1. The Taycan demand is actually pretty high, especially for nicely optioned ones. When I was looking for GTS+ trim with performance-driven options (PDCC, RAS, etc) and leather interior, there were not a lot of choices nationwide. There were 2 times when a nicely optioned car showed up, and someone paid the deposit even before the car finished the CPO process. I honestly believe that the Taycan used car market (at least for CPOs) is pretty stabilized now.
  2. Surprisingly different SAs within the same dealership have different thoughts on how low they'd be willing to let the car go for. For my purchase, the first 2 SAs didn't even want to continue the chat with me with my offer, but the 3rd SA was willing to entertain it (which eventually led to the deal).
  3. I didn't know that a car could possibly be "punched" prior to being sold.
hopefully I’ll see you around town, I’ve got a Ice Grey Sport Turismo. You will enjoy the car

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Everything has a price at which it will sell 🙂

Last summer I was prompted by a thread on here to check out used prices in the UK (having cancelled my new order in Feb).

They were starting to look attractive-ish, having been hard to get for anything below list until not long before...but cars were hanging around so prices were still too high.

Eventually bought in Sept. A good 30%-35% off.

I knew prices would still soften, but you're a long time dead 🙂

You can now get comparable cars with delivery miles for what I paid. But finding one with the right options is tricky as you note. Plus my preferred colour ceased production...but I've had 9mths and 10k miles enjoying the car (priceless).

Enjoy it when it arrives!
Sponsored