Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
How long do you find your car takes to charge?

My spec is still changeable but ive also read that the 22kW on-board can only be added for December build cars and mines due to be delivered in December
I normally charge my car from about 25% to 80 % during the night. I have low energy rates between 02.00 and 07.00 that I am trying to use as much as possible. I set the charge level to be ready at 07.00 and it normally works out just fine. Sometimes the car starts charging half an hour or so, earlier but still the bulk charging at low rates.

Your choice also depends a lot of the infrastructure around you. I only have the 11kW charger in my car but there are a lot of 22 kW chargers around where I live. The Renault Zoe charges at 22 kW , so very popular here. On some trips up to the mountains I would have loved to be able to charge at 22 kW, but a smaller deviation and I can find a fast DC charger, no problem.

If you think you mostly will charge at home during the night, I think you will be very pleased with 11 kW. And if you have some rapid chargers 100 kW + around, then you will have no problems.
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
3pgase UK will charge current model Taycan at 11Kw.

5jays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
About to order a Porsche Taycan and can’t seem to get a clear answer on charging cables.

Understand for the 50kw and above chargers they are all tethered no need for a cable.

For Home Charging - 7.2kw a 32 Amp Single Phase cable is all that’s needed.
For 11kw and 22kw Public Chargers – am I correct in stating you need a 3Phase Cable to charge at those rates? If that is the case can you use a 3Phase cable also at home in a standard 7.2kw Charger (EO Mini – but no 3 phase electricity at home) i.e. is the cable backwards compatible to 7.2 kW.

Therefore, other than the cost of a 3Phase, is there any downside in ordering one as your main cable for home and in the car for Public Charging on the move. Where I park at work there are 22kw chargers.

And last question – any particular recommendations for a 10m cable to purchase?
I'm new here but just putting my spec together for my 4S but jumped on this I may be able to help Unless you have 3 phase in your home currently or plan or installing then I would not worry about this Porsche Type 2 cables are £210 they are very expensive, made in Romania I believe our company sell EV Cables Type 2 the same but better quality 5 yr warranty we have a UK made one for much less £135 5m length if you longer or shorter we can help and I on the site for anyone who wants to buy charge cable in the future let me know
Sponsored