bluegrassvroom

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 taycan 4s
Country flag
thanks to @porscheguy in the other post who helped me see my stupidity...

I had a PMCC cable and got a PMC+ charging dock - not realizing they were different sizes. The Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) that came with my Taycan is smaller than the Porsche Mobile Charger + (PMC+) - the cool charging cord with the animated touchscreen

if you get the wrong one - i think it looks pretty bad (well, doesn't justify the cost of this @#$%^&* $800 'charging dock')

I realized the hole in the door was about the size i needed - i just needed to have the holder of the PMCC protrude out about 1.5" to fill the hole a little more. I'm ok with a SLIGHT gap - so air can circulate and keep it cooler whilst charging

what you need:

tools:
-screwdriver / driver
-torx head to remove screw (either #15 or #20, couldn't tell mine were mixed up)

purchase:
-longer screw - i got TWO 70mm long, 5mm (.80) machine screws
-a 1.5" spacer - i used two 1.5" PVC couplers

(i got ripped off - to the tune of $6 for these items...)

To do -
1) Open your beer, take first sip
2) remove the PMCC from your docking station.
3) second sip of beer
4) remove the two torx screws (they have a star head, not a standard philips head)
5) third beer sip. Ahhh...
6) re-use the washer on the shorter screws you removed, thread the longer screw through the washer, through the hole - and if you're using a cylindrical spacer, through your spacer (the PVC couplers in this case)
7) you earned another sip of beer
8) install the second longer screw as in step #6

you're done - and have HALF A BEER LEFT OVER.

This is EASILY a "so easy your momma could do this" project. And it'll make the final charging dock SO MUCH more finished looking.

it EASILY took me longer to type this up than to finish this quickie project. My BEFORE pictures look better than it did - it sat so far into the docking station it really looked pretty bad.

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 1 ga

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 2 1.5 inch ga

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 3 screw

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 4 bit

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 5 holder

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 6 purchased

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 7 mock u

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 8 installed

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 9 finished

Porsche Taycan Six dollars made my PMC+ Charging dock fit my PMCC cord PERFECTLY 10 done

ColinTheBandit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I just fitted mine and had the same issue, racking my brains on what to do and you had a solution, thank you!