Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
One pleasant surprise I had with my CT4S was the kerb detection on the surround view screen, maybe it's a recent development but I've never noticed this on any surround view I've had before. A really useful aid to help avoid kerbing those lovely, but vulnerable, 21" wheels (especially when Mrs Yorkshirepuds is driving ;))

Porsche Taycan Spec needed for kerb detection SView

I want to make sure I keep this feature on my GTS ST.... Might be a silly question but does anyone know if this requires Park Assist to be optioned (which I currently have) or does it work with Surround View anyway?
Sponsored

Reactions: AV7

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
Now I really want to know for my spec as well. Mrs Timc3 has trashed our BMW's alloys.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
One pleasant surprise I had with my CT4S was the kerb detection on the surround view screen, maybe it's a recent development but I've never noticed this on any surround view I've had before. A really useful aid to help avoid kerbing those lovely, but vulnerable, 21" wheels (especially when Mrs Yorkshirepuds is driving ;))

SView.jpeg

I want to make sure I keep this feature on my GTS ST.... Might be a silly question but does anyone know if this requires Park Assist to be optioned (which I currently have) or does it work with Surround View anyway?
Hmm - interesting - this is not necessarily kerb view in action.

First question: do you have 3D panoramic (looks like you do) as the virtual cameras are visible (would help to post the complete picture to see the full screen)?

If not then it looks like you are using the 3D hack which is displaying the additional virtual cameras (normally it doesn't) and perhaps part of that option given it includes Parking Assistant also throws in 'kerb view / sensing'.

The normal surround view (4 cameras) offers 'side view' which is analogous to kerb view and displays a solid blue line either side of the car (a mirror's distance either side) which you use to parallel park to a kerb for example.

There are 4 icons down the RHS (LHS for non-UK market) which operate the cameras. 1) Parking, 2) Panorama, 3)Side and 4) 3D view.

Button 3) gives you the side / kerb view - try this without using the 3D (or hack) if it is available to you to experience it.

My guess is you have the 3D panoramic / surround option (check your spec) which adds an extra sensor to either side of the car front and back to aid parallel parking.

On new builds you need to specify the Remote Parking Assist with Lane Change Assist to get the equivalent (and more) of what you have today (Active Parking Support will incorporate the kerb sensing). Note it is only Apple compatible (apparently):

Porsche Taycan Spec needed for kerb detection 1641490229893

Paying for alloy wheel and tyre insurance would work out cheaper by a country mile!

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Thanks for the detailed reply Adrian. Yes, as you guessed I have the '3D surround view'. I'm dashing out now but there's some really interesting info there which I'll have a good look at later on.... thanks!

I get what you mean about the wheel & tyre insurance... it's a consideration of course but I'm a bit OCD about damage and always prefer to avoid the hassle of repairs if I can.

Many thanks ?
Sponsored