Spotted on a mountain in France

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Curious, why does one park in the euro tunnel? Are you waiting for something? Or was this outside the tunnel somewhere?

The Channel Tunnel is a rail tunnel, not a road tunnel. Vehicles have to board car transporters at the terminal at each side, and it's on-board where that photo was taken.

An alternative for people without cars is to take the Eurostar train service, which is a high-speed train which carries passengers only through the Channel Tunnel, and travels city centre to city centre. The core routes of that are London to Paris, and London to Brussels, but you can also travel to other cities, albeit less frequently, such as Amsterdam.
Sponsored

Reactions: Reg

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Last week I had a similar encounter. In the euro tunnel. I parked my taycan and was followed by a Testarossa, Aston Martin, McLaren and a Boxter turbo.

F61C727F-FCAD-4F5B-A18A-8DE33B763BB7.jpeg

29709769-53B9-4C2E-91EB-B8D11805988A.jpeg

D5C7836C-F382-4705-8C5A-DA6233B63D7E.jpeg

D687CE27-F52E-46B3-AECA-DC34B544096F.jpeg
Is that the standard width carriage or the wider one that you need to book?

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Is that the standard width carriage or the wider one that you need to book?
I think you're asking "are those photos showing the wider carriage"?

Yes, they are. Just tick roofbox when making your booking, and you'll be put in the wider, single-storey carriage. You must follow the signs for the "Large" vehicles when driving to the boarding area. Occassionally they may try to direct you to the normal boarding lanes (double-deck), but be firm. Tell them you've booked "large" for the extra width. It's occassionally happened where I've been shouted at for going in the wrong lane, but I've always pointed out to them that I deliberately booked the large carriage, and it's not been a problem. The fact that you now have to pay more for it means you should never have to compromise.

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Ok many thanks, ST GTS arriving soon. Looking forward to the road trip to Blighty..
Sponsored