Squeaky windows

gkondyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello, got a used 4S and they only problem I got was a drivers window squeaking when using while on a rainy day and some air leak. I reported to the dealer, who fixed the air leak but the problem with the squeaking remained and also appeared to both front. They told me that windows needed a bit of adjustment. If I wipe the water from the seal it stops.
Sponsored

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Hello, got a used 4S and they only problem I got was a drivers window squeaking when using while on a rainy day and some air leak. I reported to the dealer, who fixed the air leak but the problem with the squeaking remained and also appeared to both front. They told me that windows needed a bit of adjustment. If I wipe the water from the seal it stops.
I’ve used these with/on other cars in the past:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly...nements=p_72:419153031&rnid=419152031&sr=8-19

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly...22-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1

ColinTheBandit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have exactly the same problem, drivers window on a Cross Turismo 4S

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had the same problem on 2020. They fixed it first but now it's reappeared again. The heating has gone again too. It's going back end of this month (end of lease) and can't be bothered sorting it now...sorry to the new owner who gets my 4s

OP
OP

gkondyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did apply to the side window seal some vinyl and rubber spray I had from autoglym and fixed the problem for now, I just wonder if it is the seals that giving up slowly.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Don’t worry about it. This is valid for any car with frameless door. Just put some silicon spray on a sponge and apply twice a year and you’ll be fine for a very long time.
Sponsored