kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I get the usual motor whine on deceleration, but once the actual brakes get used then they are very very squeaky. Either before I've gone a mile or at very low speeds when you can tell the actual discs are biting. It's really quite loud. I may get a passenger to post a video/sound if I can

I will raise this with Porsche at some point, albeit the lead times on getting an appointment at my local dealer is silly.

Anyone else had this? had a search, but couldn't see a direct match
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
You have PSCBs, correct. How many miles since that would be different vs. ICE car with them.
I do not have the Taycan yet but will have them as well and wondering if what Porsche now defines as brake noise still persists with PSCBs. I have 2020 Cayenne with them and after 10k miles they become shiny and mirror like as expected and that is when the noise starts. My rears would make impossible noise even while not braking at all making slow shallow turns, may be due to PTV+ option grabbing them lightly. I went through official Porsche TSB to replace most components, but the noise still persists on the front but not as loud, since somehow the front rotors were not part of the replaced component under the TSB. I know at least one more local owner of a Cayenne and one local owner of a Macan with PSCBs and they have the same issue with no resolution at this time. The master tech said that this is bad design and no brakes that shiny can perform without squealing.

Last edited:

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Did you slam your brakes a couple of times? I had once my brakes doing an horrendous noise and I slammed them hard (that's when i learned that the brakes are no jokes on a porshe lol) but since then no more noise.

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
You have PSCBs, correct. How many miles since that would be different vs. ICE car with them.
I do not have the Taycan yet but will have them as well and wondering if what Porsche now defines as brake noise still persists with PSCBs. I have 2020 Cayenne with them and after 10k miles they become shiny and mirror like as expected and that is when the noise starts. My rears would make impossible noise even while not braking at all making slow shallow turns, may be due to PTV+ option grabbing them lightly. I went through official Porsche TSB to replace most components, but the noise still persists on the front but not as loud, since somehow the front rotors were not part of the replaced component under the TSB. I know at least one more local owner of a Cayenne and one local owner of a Macan with PSCBs and they have the same issue with no resolution at this time. The master tech said that this is bad design and no brakes that shiny can perform without squealing.
Only 2800 or so miles on it so far. The discs are pretty shiny but not ridiculously so. I’d also state that brakes shouldn’t be that squeaky no matter how shiny!

Did you slam your brakes a couple of times? I had once my brakes doing an horrendous noise and I slammed them hard (that's when i learned that the brakes are no jokes on a porshe lol) but since then no more noise.
I’ve not tried this. May have to wait for a very quiet road though because as you say: they’re so good that you stop very very fast!
Sponsored