Strange noise while braking after 21" Mission-E wheels installed...

Eiso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Any thoughts? The only thing i use, that was original, were those bolts from thr stock 19"s
Sponsored

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What noise are you hearing, is it intermittent or constant? Mine squeal when I brake at low speeds and when steering - the Porsche technicians couldn't "recreate" the issue so they have been useless so far which is annoying!

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Works for me - not sure why not for you?

When fitting mission e wheels to tacan without PSCB or PCCB breaks the syeual at low speed.

Yes Porsche confirmed it’s due to not having the PSCB brakes. The “normal” brakes cause a Vibration of the mission E wheels due to the material used for these. They optimized the frequency of vibration with the PSCB and this is why they are needed in the configuration.
Bottom line, no issues but just annoying.
Cheers!

OP
OP
Eiso

Eiso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Works for me - not sure why not for you?

When fitting mission e wheels to tacan without PSCB or PCCB breaks the syeual at low speed.

Yes Porsche confirmed it’s due to not having the PSCB brakes. The “normal” brakes cause a Vibration of the mission E wheels due to the material used for these. They optimized the frequency of vibration with the PSCB and this is why they are needed in the configuration.
Bottom line, no issues but just annoying.
Cheers!
Great. Hopefully this is it. This is the answer.

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Strange - I have the white PSCB brakes... Annoying!

Dilpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
What noise are you hearing, is it intermittent or constant? Mine squeal when I brake at low speeds and when steering - the Porsche technicians couldn't "recreate" the issue so they have been useless so far which is annoying!
Same, I think its because of mild rust on the discs and my hunch is that it only happens when the car has been idle for a while/the front wheels are at certain angle.
its really annoying because my warranty is running out in a few months and they cant seem to recreate it, cleaning the discs does nothing.
Sponsored