First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Hi Sushistu,

Not sure if you had been answered regarding the 100kwph limit. But there is a battery protection mechanism which limit the max. charging speed at 100, and it can be turned off. Once you do that it can reach 250kw at of one those 350kw DC chargers.
Ah right. I’ll look into that. I have an appointment at porsche leeds to learn advanced features, so I’ll ask the salesperson about that. Thanks.
Sponsored

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Sounds good. Back to the main topic

For Taycan.2

1. I definitely wish they can include some physical knobs and button and toggle just like the current 992.1…passenager trying to adjust the volume and has to rely on the touch screen is brutal. Throw in volume control and AC toggles!

2. some new and good looking wheel design and some new color PLS! No I am not looking at you, PTS.

3. redesign of the start up button. It looks too much like a pc power button

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds good. Back to the main topic

For Taycan.2

1. I definitely wish they can include some physical knobs and button and toggle just like the current 992.1…passenager trying to adjust the volume and has to rely on the touch screen is brutal. Throw in volume control and AC toggles!

2. some new and good looking wheel design and some new color PLS! No I am not looking at you, PTS.

3. redesign of the start up button. It looks too much like a pc power button
Big fan of all those points. Id also like to see the gear selector moved.

the tactile nature of a porsche is so important and all this haptic screen crap is due for the bin in my opinion.

First Name
Jiri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, 03.03.22 ordered Taycan CT Turbo S
Country flag
Forget the model year updates, this is an EU manufacturer and all the main stuff is done at mid life refresh, then new model, ie. 996.1 / 996.2 / 997.1 / 997.2
Big upgrades on similar chassis every 4-5 years over 15-16 years or so.

With the 4-5 year mid life cycle not that far off considering lead times are crazy, I'm seriously thinking of putting an interest deposit in with my dealer on the Taycan.2 so I can slot straight into it.

My question is this: What differences do you foresee there being from my Gen 1GTS to the Gen2 car at launch?

I know battery tech hasn't made any huge leaps but I'll stick my neck out and make some guesses:
  • new body kit
  • new wheel options with some older ones still available
  • 20% range increase to 360miles
  • I really hope there will be less digital controls and more real buttons i can't understand this mindless move to dangerous touchscreen gimmics. It's not very Porsche is it.
  • Revised arm rest that isn't designed by a madman
  • 22KW charging as standard
  • Car play on dashboard as well as just centre screen
  • a couple of different colours swapped in at the expense of poorly selling colours.
  • a touch more power (although maybe a halo model with over 1000BHP though to make a point to rival brands)
Anyone care to add to that?
...A redesigned armrest that wasn't designed by a madman...

What is wrong with the armrest please? Do you mean the back or the front? Thank you.

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...A redesigned armrest that wasn't designed by a madman...

What is wrong with the armrest please? Do you mean the back or the front? Thank you.
On the right hand drive the design feels like it’s for a lhd car. When you open it the bottom is on the drivers side and really your arm doesn’t bend that way. Then the lid is offset with a bit that sticks out and catches your elbow whoever you open it. If it was reversed none of this would be an issue. Also, the cup holders are where you rest your arm.

the ergonomics are just wrong.
Sponsored