Taycan 4 Cross Turismo: A Puzzling Shift in Performance Metrics?

TaycanRe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q4 50
Country flag
Hello fellow Taycan enthusiasts,

I've been closely observing the specs of the Taycan 4 Cross Turismo and couldn't help but notice some intriguing changes in the performance data of the new model. Curiously, while the acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h with Launch Control has slightly improved to 4.7 seconds (previously 5.1 seconds), the figures for higher speeds seem to have taken a step back. For instance, the 0 to 160 km/h time has increased from 10.1 to 10.6 seconds, and the 0 to 200 km/h from 15.6 to 16.8 seconds. Additionally, the in-gear acceleration from 80 to 120 km/h now takes 2.9 seconds, up from 2.6 seconds.

These variations are quite surprising, especially since one would expect newer models to at least maintain or improve upon the performance of their predecessors. I am reaching out to the community to gather insights or theories that could explain this apparent downgrade in performance, barring the initial 0 to 100 km/h improvement.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts and any information you might have on this matter.

Thanks in advance, best

Sources :
https://www.porsche.com/france/models/taycan/taycan-cross-turismo-models/taycan-4-cross-turismo/#
https://finder.porsche.com/fr/fr-FR/details/porsche-taycan-4-cross-turismo-doccasion-P68X2R

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4 Cross Turismo: A Puzzling Shift in Performance Metrics? Capture d’écran 2024-03-10 à 15.17.48
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Interesting, and apparently at odds with the power outputs of the 2 versions (assuming those links above have the correct data):
Refresh has max 320kW and 610Nm(there's no overboost for Launch Control).
Original has max 350kW (and 500Nm) with Launch Control and 280kW the rest of the time.
Perhaps there's a difference in gearing and/or shift operation?