Taycan 4S PSCB Option deleted??

rparsons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volco XC90 Inscription Pro, 4S Build Slot reserved
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I've put down a deposit to reserve a build on a 4S and have been tweaking the specs. This morning I've logged in to the configurator and the PSCB option has been removed. Does anyone esle have this problem too?

I've emailed the dealer but not reply yet - he's already told me that the contrast stitching option is not available at the moment. I'm certainly not paying +£6-7k for the ceramic brakes option.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rparsons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Both - seems to be a UK-only issue right now perhaps? I'll be holding off committing on a lock build until resolved!

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S PSCB Option deleted?? 1604673688417

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Thanks Both - seems to be a UK-only issue right now perhaps? I'll be holding off committing on a lock build until resolved!

1604673688417.png
Still showing available in the US.

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
Removed from the UK configurator for some reason. Just the CCB's available. Wonder if there is an issue with them?

OP
OP

rparsons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Really I wonder if it’s a supply issue or they realised something more long term, my car has just been built with pscb ....
Looks like the Turbo hasn't been changed to ceramic, which leads me to think it's a supply issue?

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Yeah, I noticed earlier that it has gone off the UK 4s configurator. I paid my deposit last month for a build with mission E wheels. I really like the white callipers which are currently only available on the turbo model. It must be a supply issue. I may have to upgrade to the turbo :giggle:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Why would you want to pay in excess of 2k for a slightly bigger front callipers? I can only see this as a good thing and wish I was able to order the 21s without the brakes. When the frontS were 10 pots I didn’t mind so much as visually the fronts callipers looked stunning. As mine is a nov build I will have the smaller front callipers in white ( would of preferred red) and I had to pay 5k for my 21s.

Sounds to me like Porsche have had some sense knocked into them and realised the forced PSCB was a ripoff, and now you can order the 21 mission wheels as you should of been able to in the first place.

Edit- just looked and see you have to spec the 6k pccbs now, so can’t buy wheels by self, so not ideal.

Last edited:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Also, last time I looked the configurator was still showing the large front 10 pots callipers in the pics, but this isn’t what you would get so config inaccurate and misleading.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Really I wonder if it’s a supply issue or they realised something more long term, my car has just been built with pscb ....
Just got notice that right before my lock, I can’t order PSCB with black calipers for a late November build. Anyone else get this delay to their order?

Siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 93 928GTS, 94 911 C2, 93 500E
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I've put down a deposit to reserve a build on a 4S and have been tweaking the specs. This morning I've logged in to the configurator and the PSCB option has been removed. Does anyone esle have this problem too?

I've emailed the dealer but not reply yet - he's already told me that the contrast stitching option is not available at the moment. I'm certainly not paying +£6-7k for the ceramic brakes option.
Most likely a bug in the configuration tool. Your dealer can build your car with your options

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Definitely not a bug, I had them in my config - just got a call today that they need to be removed... Great.
Sponsored