First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Hello all,

Just joined the Taycan forum after seeing very informative content. Amazed 😀 and at the same time intimidated :whew:looking at the knowledge sharing. Got to admit that I am yet to become a Porsche owner and and my eyes are set on the Taycan GTS MY24 (once facelift is announced) as my first Porsche. Please shoot me down if I am aiming too high or in the right direction. Appreciate any advice please 🙏🏽
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and sorry to shoot you down, but there is no facelift for MY24 as it is the same as MY22 and MY23 but with much higher price (Macan is having the same fate of being same but more expensive for MY24). I guess we are not so informative on the forum to make it obvious.

Last edited:

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Facelift looks to be for MY25. But why wait for a facelift? Some things can be improved (lid on center console, reversing camera, software, maybe a bit more range...) but it is very good the way it is.

OP
OP

Karthik25

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Facelift looks to be for MY25. But why wait for a facelift? Some things can be improved (lid on center console, reversing camera, software, maybe a bit more range...) but it is very good the way it is.
I was under the impression that if I put a deposit in Nov/Dec 2023, I hopefully will get the car by the end of 24 or early 25 with the facelifts included. Does it not work that way? Or let’s say I want it for definite in Mar 25 when should I put the deposit? Thanks!

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I was under the impression that if I put a deposit in Nov/Dec 2023, I hopefully will get the car by the end of 24 or early 25 with the facelifts included. Does it not work that way? Or let’s say I want it for definite in Mar 25 when should I put the deposit? Thanks!
Which model year the car will be depends on when it is made. Normally a new model year starts after summer holidays, i.e. in August/September. MY24 will be made from Aug/Sep this year, MY25 will be made from Aug/Sep 2024. If you want a facelifted Taycan (assuming it is MY25), the way it looks now your car should have a production slot no earlier than after summer 2024. So your timeline is right about this.

But which production slot you get depends on your dealer's quota and length of order queue. For the RWD, 4 and 4S there may be sufficient slots to fill orders reasonably quickly. For GTS, Turbo and particularly Turbo S, there may be a long queue. But you have to discuss this with a dealer. My GTS is my first Porsche, I was a bit surprised that the system worked like that. I thought that they would be happy to produce the more expensive cars to anyone that wanted them, but no. My dealer happened to have a slot for a GTS three months ahead, but that was luck I think.

This may be different now, when there is somewhat more of a buyers market than when I ordered mine. Others may comment on this, and perhaps if the system is not exactly like this in UK.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Do you have any evidence of this? I believe it begins mid-June.
I don't have hard evidence, just anecdotic. German factories are modified during the summer break to start doing next model year thereafter.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Do you have any evidence of this? I believe it begins mid-June.
That's what was said on the "Porsche Car Whisperer" YouTube channel. I don't think Porsche has stated any specific date when changeover to 24 happens.

My wife's car which went into production on April 27th is currently scheduled to be finished on June 30th, so that would suggest that they will still be producing 23s through June.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My previous car was an Audi RS e-tron GT. Audi does not have production slots in the same way as Porsche. My dealer then followed production data to see whether it would be produced before or after summer break 2021, and consequently be a MY 21 or MY22 they explained. It was made in Aug/Sep as a MY22.

But this is not proof that Porsche does model years the same way, I see that. I'm ready to be corrected by hard evidence if someone has it.

SunnyTaycan

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85, Landrover Defender
Country flag
I've just been given a June 19th build date for a 2024 GTS. I paid my deposit back in September of 22 and they mentioned then that it was quite likely it would be a 24 car by the time I was given a production slot.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I don't have hard evidence, just anecdotic. German factories are modified during the summer break to start doing next model year thereafter.
German summer break is late July to August and the new MY starts soon after the summer break. This happens every year and I believe most or all the German car brands follow the same calendar (I know BMW does from first hand experience). Not sure why anyone questions the MY changeover calendar - this is at least the fourth time I’ve written this during my two years active on this forum.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
German summer break is late July to August and the new MY starts soon after the summer break. This happens every year and I believe most or all the German car brands follow the same calendar (I know BMW does from first hand experience). Not sure why anyone questions the MY changeover calendar - this is at least the fourth time I’ve written this during my two years active on this forum.
The difference in a 23 and 24 amounts to cupholder trim and a price increase. Pretty sure that's not going to require extensive retooling or retraining of employees.

As soon as they've finished producing the last 23 model they've committed to, I expect they'll be switching out the P for an R in the VIN stamping machine and adding $4000 in extra profit to every Taycan built from then on.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I am not sure why you are making it so complicated. There is no way you can predict anything the way you are describing as those times are gone. First, Porsche has to announce the facelift that you are looking for, which can be at any time of year, and with that they announce when orders can be placed for it and when first deliveries are expected.

For example, on April 18, 2023: " The new Porsche Cayenne is available to order in Europe now, with deliveries starting in July 2023. Expect to see it hit UK shores a bit later on."

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
it's very likely post Aug. 2024 vehicles will be Model year 2025 _IF_ that is when porsche chooses to update the Taycan - this is common for other models in the Porsche line…

but at the moment it's only likely speculation that MY'2025 Taycan's will be the .2's for Taycan

time will tell.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
The difference in a 23 and 24 amounts to cupholder trim and a price increase. Pretty sure that's not going to require extensive retooling or retraining of employees.

As soon as they've finished producing the last 23 model they've committed to, I expect they'll be switching out the P for an R in the VIN stamping machine and adding $4000 in extra profit to every Taycan built from then on.
You’re right, but It’s not always about the retooling. The MY change follows the same cycle every year for at least the last 10 years I’ve been tracking new MY builds across multiple German OEMs. Their marketing calendars also align every year with the new MY changes, whether they are minimal changes or full overhauls of a model.

The last few years there has been spillover of previous MYs being built/finished after the summer break but it is a matter of 1-2 weeks before switching to new MYs.
Sponsored

Last edited: