bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The puncture was smack in the middle of the tire.
How do you manage that - they're always near the edge for me ☹

Had one on the Taycan in the first few hundred miles of driving. Luckily covered by the tire/wheel protection so it only cost me $50 for a brand new tire.
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Pump and sealant are standard here (MY23) but never use the sealant unless you're in a life/death situation. That crap putz the last nail into your tyre's coffin (pun intended). I rather have the car towed to a shop.
I carry the push pull string plug with me for emergency use, assuming I can get to somewhere safe to do a temp repair to get me home or to tyre shop. Better than sealant fir temporary fix

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
How do you manage that - they're always near the edge for me ☹
No idea, check it out:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions 1686332960359

Haven't had a flat tire for decades (my wife made up our family stats ;) ). It was on my 2nd day of Taycan ownership, I noticed one of the tires had lower pressure than the others, while they were balanced the day before. The car hasn't flagged it as a flat yet, but I pulled over to a gas station pumped it up and found the screw. It was midnight already, so had to google 24 hour tire repair, but found one and got it plugged. Should have taken a plug kit with me on a trip (I flew across the country to pick up the Taycan, forgot to bring one).
Sponsored