The #238 UK cars stuck @ Emden thread - who is the first to receive theirs ?

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just been told mine has been loaded onto a Vessel, having been at Emden for over 65 days.... It's clearly starting to move... Fingers crossed for everyone.
Fantastic news, there is definitely movement however mine remains watching boats for now!!

Have you been given an expected collection/delivery date from this point?

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Also, it would be interesting to know if, after all this delay, it is still subject to the stop sale and if the OPC still need to send a VAL to Germany for release? I hope that has all been completed at Emden and there are no further delays.

WhydidisellmyM5

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5
Country flag
Fantastic news, there is definitely movement however mine remains watching boats for now!!

Have you been given an expected collection/delivery date from this point?
Not as yet, but I have been told it will be this month. On Friday last week I'd almost given up, but then out of the blue this morning.... its on a vessel. It's put a spring in my step and makes me think this afternoon I can push for world peace and a turning point in global warming.

WhydidisellmyM5

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5
Country flag
Also, it would be interesting to know if, after all this delay, it is still subject to the stop sale and if the OPC still need to send a VAL to Germany for release? I hope that has all been completed at Emden and there are no further delays.
See above, I'm told it will be all done this month. So I'm assuming, perhaps wildly optimistically that all of the checks are complete. Fingers crossed for you :)

I thought it was newsworthy that after such a wait at port that it was on a vessel and should be in my hands soon. I might cycle the 150 miles to the dealership and see if I can chuck my bike in the back to drive it home.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
See above, I'm told it will be all done this month. So I'm assuming, perhaps wildly optimistically that all of the checks are complete. Fingers crossed for you :)

I thought it was newsworthy that after such a wait at port that it was on a vessel and should be in my hands soon. I might cycle the 150 miles to the dealership and see if I can chuck my bike in the back to drive it home.
Definitely newsworthy, gives the rest of us some hope! 😀

WhydidisellmyM5

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5
Country flag
I emailed my OPC in response to all this movement and have just been informed mine is also on a vessel after 10 weeks at Emden. Finally! 😀
May this day forever be remember as the "claim your forgotten Porsche day" We're on a roll.... lottery tickets anyone?

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Given all this positivity, I've got this very sad image in my mind of my poor car sitting at the docks - all alone.... I reckon they must've all formed some sort of strange bond, sitting together for so long!

I think I need more coffee....

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Given all this positivity, I've got this very sad image in my mind of my poor car sitting at the docks - all alone.... I reckon they must've all formed some sort of strange bond, sitting together for so long!

I think I need more coffee....
Given all the recent movement it will surely be on one of the next vessels out. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Pleased to confirm car has finally reached Porsche Cambridge ....hoping for collection 19th aug..hope same true for others waiting

OP
OP

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
And it finally arrived...21 months later, 5 of those months stuck at Emden - it's an amazing car - even in a paltry CT4 spec. Thanks all for your help and support
Porsche Taycan The #238 UK cars stuck @ Emden thread - who is the first to receive theirs ? IMG_3478
Sponsored