The #238 UK cars stuck @ Emden thread - who is the first to receive theirs ?

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Thought I'd start this to bring us all together to retain some form of sanity - cars due to arrive from next month. Have the VIN for mine, CT4 built Feb 2023

Dealer offered to treat my family for lunch (which was quite decent I thought) - no other compensation or replies from Porsche GB.

How are others coping ?

Prashan
Sponsored

OP
OP

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Received an update on mine - porsche system shows Emden exit 18th August. At dealer 25th August. Original planned date at dealer 24th Feb

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
No one said it would be painless. (/s)

Woof. Hang in there, it'll be worth it.

OP
OP

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So just picked myself off the floor. Pinged my dealer for an update. As of yesterday, all 238 cars stuck at Emden still had a "block" on them...but this morning, 2 x cars had their block removed and mine is one of them...hooray...with a "good tail wind", I may even receive the car at the end of this month....

Good luck to the others.
Prashan

Last edited:

WhydidisellmyM5

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5
Country flag
So just picked myself off the floor. Pinged my dealer for an update. As of yesterday, all 238 cars stuck at Emden still had a "block" on them...but this morning, 2 x cars had their block removed and mine is one of them...hooray...with a "good tail wind", I may even receive the car at the end of this month....

Good luck to the others.
Prashan
Any reasons on why those two only? Seems amazing that only 2 would be lifted unless this is the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

How long have you been stuck in Emden?

OP
OP

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any reasons on why those two only? Seems amazing that only 2 would be lifted unless this is the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

How long have you been stuck in Emden?
As usual, dealer had no further update other than "it seems random" been stuck in Emden since March 2023 - car was built in Feb 2023

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag

Good luck to the others.
Prashan
Hopefully you’ll have your car soon. You’ve been waiting longer than most!!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I've never known such a big company have such limited info as Porsche.
Do you know of the same or bigger car company which provides you with more information nowadays? As frustrating as it sounds, most other guys don't even provide as much information as Porsche (production/delivery stages, TYD).

Last edited:

WhydidisellmyM5

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5
Country flag
Do you know of the same or bigger car company which provides you with more information nowadays? As frustrating as it sounds, most other guys don't even provide as much information as Porsche (production/delivery stages, TYD).
its a great question. I’ve only ever really dealt with BMW and VW Group for multiple cars, VW group I’ve been hit and miss, mainly with the Audi element of it in terms of cars I’ve received. BMW I’ve always found to be great, though it’s always been the same dealer for multiple cars, 6 in total from them. I mentioned in another thread that this is the 4th time I’ve ordered a Porsche in the last 20 years and so far I’ve never owned a Porsche, two of those times they massively dropped the ball on the order.. this is my first EV so I’ve reset the expectation level, and here we are. I honestly suspect I’ll never see this car and will have bailed on the order before I see it. I can’t remember wanting to be proved wrong more. Especially as it’s Mamba Green and they’ve now pulled the colour

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
its a great question. I’ve only ever really dealt with BMW and VW Group for multiple cars, VW group I’ve been hit and miss, mainly with the Audi element of it in terms of cars I’ve received. BMW I’ve always found to be great, though it’s always been the same dealer for multiple cars, 6 in total from them. I mentioned in another thread that this is the 4th time I’ve ordered a Porsche in the last 20 years and so far I’ve never owned a Porsche, two of those times they massively dropped the ball on the order.. this is my first EV so I’ve reset the expectation level, and here we are. I honestly suspect I’ll never see this car and will have bailed on the order before I see it. I can’t remember wanting to be proved wrong more. Especially as it’s Mamba Green and they’ve now pulled the colour
Took me 20 months from first deposit to delivery. Over a year of that I was periodically cold calling dealers around the country to try to find an allocation. When it finally arrived, it was more expensive (model year price increase, lost tax incentives, fairly large trade-in value drop for the car it replaced, I couldn't even utilize trade-in tax credit because I bought it from a dealer on the opposite end of the continent, and interest rates skyrocketed while the market tanked), but it was still worth it to me. I'm enjoying the car very much, and plan on doing so for a while. I also learned some extra patience in the process.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Patience is indeed a virtue but the frustrating thing here is the cars were built months ago. Mine has been at Emden well over 2 months now and the OP’s almost 4 months at a guess.

Having said that, I’d much rather they fix any issue prior to delivery!

OP
OP

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Patience is indeed a virtue but the frustrating thing here is the cars were built months ago. Mine has been at Emden well over 2 months now and the OP’s almost 4 months at a guess.

Having said that, I’d much rather they fix any issue prior to delivery!
fingers crossed for yours being unblocked soon too.