The Drive's Complimentary Review

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
https://www.thedrive.com/opinion/29680/the-2020-porsche-taycan-the-empire-strikes-back

The Model S is a family sedan with twice as much cargo capacity than the Taycan's <15 cubic feet. Its rear seat is more spacious. Tesla offers Autopilot — the state-of-the-art in lane keeping technology — which is an enormous convenience for long drives.
Round one to the Taycan - especially as Autopilot and cruise control are a massive waste of money, you can manage perfectly fine without. I've always been very smug about the fact the Porsche is less practical - it's a sports car for God's sake! It's not meant to be practical

By comparison, the Taycan is the first true electric sports car, built to be used like one, and built to last. That it has two extra doors and a usable rear seat is simply a bonus, as is the fact that all four seats are more comfortable than anything in a Tesla. It's the opposite of mobility appliances like the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Bolt. It's utterly emotional. Like obscenity, you know it when you see it. The specs almost don't matter. It's designed to be driven. That the Taycan comes from Porsche makes perfect sense.
Round two to the Taycan - never been prouder to read that

I want one.

Why? Because it's not boring.
Sums up the entire winning argument - game set and match.
Sponsored

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Great review; thanks for posting. One of the few I've seen that brings up the difference in quality between Porsche and Tesla. My favorite part of the review:

Just look at it. It looks exactly like the first all-electric Porsche should. Wait until you feel the way the doors shut. It's built like a f*cking tank. The paint is incredible. The touchpoints are perfect. The materials are gorgeous. The seats fit one like a cliched glove. Its specs are incredible in every way that matters: 0-60mph in a repeatable 2.6 seconds. It's capable of a sustained 161 mph. It corners like a track car, because it's built for the track.

These are the reasons one buys a Porsche.