Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have my taycan stopped for 7 weeksfor the most incredible reason. Pirelli does not have replacement tires to supply.
I'm waiting for an alternative from Porsche, they say they are trying to solve it, but with no result... What can I do to solve this?
Everyone in Switzerland is on Winter tires now so there’ll be plenty of sets of lightly used Summers sitting in Porsche dealerships which won’t be used until April. See if you can get someone to sell you a set? Mine are 20inch so no use to you but if they had been…
Sponsored

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Some of the Michelins have been on backorder for months and are not expected until possibly March 2022. If you look on TireRack, most of the tires for Taycans are on backorder. It is very difficult to get a complete set of any brand. I called Porsche about Michelins Pilot Sports, and they can't get them either.
Just got my Taycan, but this makes me wonder if I shouldn’t put a replacement Pirelli order in now…

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
Just got my Taycan, but this makes me wonder if I shouldn’t put a replacement Pirelli order in now…
I put an order in for Michelin Pilot Sport 4. They have been on backorder for months, but are "supposed" to be available end of Jan / beginning of Feb. TireRack indicated that the first shipments will go to Porsche dealers then be available through their website. TireRack recommended ordering through the dealer. - FYI....

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I put an order in for Michelin Pilot Sport 4. They have been on backorder for months, but are "supposed" to be available end of Jan / beginning of Feb. TireRack indicated that the first shipments will go to Porsche dealers then be available through their website. TireRack recommended ordering through the dealer. - FYI....
Thx!

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, at least they told you the reason. Several years ago, I ordered a BMW which they promised would be delivered within a few weeks. 6 weeks later, I was told that there was a delay without any reason why. I spoke to the dealer and then complained to BMW directly with no response other than “there is a delay”. 2 months later, I was fed up and cancelled my order. It finally arrived a month after that, at which point I found out that they had run out of carpeting for the trunk. I never bought that vehicle even though it was custom made for me because of the frustration it caused.
Sponsored