This is rich, another Tesla first, blue paint!

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
Es ist ein Taycan-Forum. Warum wird Tesla vorgestellt? Es ist schade für das Forum.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My god, these Tesla fanboys are thick...??‍♂
What about the new Hyundai Ioniq?
The Kia EV6?
Anyone?
??

Last edited:

OP
OP
Tsingtao

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
And why do you think we should know this?
This was posted as a public service to (hopefully) deter the teslarati trolls from starting yet another inane "who has considered a model s " thread on this forum. I found it laughable that the addition of a couple new paint colors at tesla was even news. But despite my best efforts, do not be surprised in a couple months if you see a thread from a troll comparing elon's new blue to porsche's gentian blue. I started visiting this site after buying a taycan in order to obtain technical/operational info about my taycan and I am amazed that so much hot air is devoted to tesla on this forum.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
This was posted as a public service to (hopefully) deter the teslarati trolls from starting yet another inane "who has considered a model s " thread on this forum. I found it laughable that the addition of a couple new paint colors at tesla was even news. But despite my best efforts, do not be surprised in a couple months if you see a thread from a troll comparing elon's new blue to porsche's gentian blue. I started visiting this site after buying a taycan in order to obtain technical/operational info about my taycan and I am amazed that so much hot air is devoted to tesla on this forum.
It's news if you're a Tesla fan because they've been sticking with the same paint options for years. So if you want a Tesla, and plenty of people do, this is actually big news. But not one Tesla fan would call this a revelation, nor do I think the author of the article was trying to call it a huge deal. Again it's a huge deal if you want a Tesla.

If you're putting down Tesla because of this, well, I guess you're looking for any reason to crap on Tesla you can find.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
If you're putting down Tesla because of this, well, I guess you're looking for any reason to crap on Tesla you can find.
Paint quality will still be shitty no matter the color. We took delivery of our Plaid yesterday and the paint quality is worse than our MYP. White is better than it was on our X but still not close to good.

Porsche Taycan This is rich, another Tesla first, blue paint! IMG_9747

OP
OP
Tsingtao

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
It's news if you're a Tesla fan because they've been sticking with the same paint options for years. So if you want a Tesla, and plenty of people do, this is actually big news. But not one Tesla fan would call this a revelation, nor do I think the author of the article was trying to call it a huge deal. Again it's a huge deal if you want a Tesla.

I'm not putting down Tesla at all, I would gladly choose a Tesla over any ICE vehicle. But I stand corrected, blue paint is apparently a big deal to some folks and I do not mean to belittle anyone's paint selection (unless of course it is Frozenberry -- a color which should be outlawed).

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Paint quality will still be shitty no matter the color. We took delivery of our Plaid yesterday and the paint quality is worse than our MYP. White is better than it was on our X but still not close to good.

IMG_9747.jpg
Ugh, sorry to hear. I've had two, both blue, and the paint was ok on both. A few dust nibs, otherwise unremarkable. Although the orange peel was inconsistent. Evidence that some of it had been sanded smooth.

Tesla....still making scattershot results look planned in 2021. SMDH.

Also, congrats on the rocket!

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not putting down Tesla at all, I would gladly choose a Tesla over any ICE vehicle. But I stand corrected, blue paint is apparently a big deal to some folks and I do not mean to belittle anyone's paint selection (unless of course it is Frozenberry -- a color which should be outlawed).
Tesla's had Blue for a while. But it's the same damn blue, and none of the colors are model specific. So any new paint is news, lol.

Can't wait to ditch mine.. So tired of all the BS.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I agree a silly paint post on the wrong forum but if you actually watch the video in the link it’s a pretty Interesting look into Tesla factories, battery production and how they are completing with German VW factories. That said after 5 Tesla myself unlikely I ever buy a new one unless they come out with something totally transformative. Musk is a massive exaggerator and generally his statements can’t be trusted. Aka “full self driving by December 2016” which prompted a new model s and model x purchase followed by 2 model 3P when it was determined new hardware was required in 2018. Lol

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Can't wait to ditch mine.. So tired of all the BS.
Agreed. Jumped the T bandwagon May this year. Never looking back.....
Sponsored