Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
I am interested in any Level on any car - as long as it is an option, otherwise a bit too much public bus/train/airplane feeling?
As someone who used to have EAP on a Tesla (which is pretty much what anyone with AutoPilot still has unless you're on the FSD City Streets Beta), I can tell you that a driver's aid is only as good as it makes you trust it.

Navigate On Autopilot, quite frankly, SUCKED. Lane changes either cut someone off or were so slow you never made it over. Navigating it's way over on the highway to get off an exit? Nah, that'd never happen. Picking a good travel lane? Total crap shoot.

People forget these ADAS systems shouldn't exist just to simply work. They should exist to make your drive LESS STRESSFUL. NOA was so bad that even when offered the chance to buy it again on a newer Tesla, I took the pass.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ive been using FSD for years going to and coming from work. I often sleep the whole way or just watch videos/movies. Never ever have I been scared or did not trust it. I love my train ticket.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Cardboard cutout. Search and you'll find people doing it.
First, cardboard cutout takes more afford than wedging and orange or a beer can in the steering wheel.. Cardboard cutouts also don't fool IR sensors. Additionally, I've seen some demos of such driver monitoring ( Merc S class was one of them) and it even figures out where you are looking (e.g. to adjust side mirrors, instead of a switch between adjust-left-mirror/adjust-right-mirror, you simply look at the mirror you want adjusted and the car knows). The car also checks to make sure you scan the roadway with your eyes, not just blankly stare at the horizon. Even some of the warnings, such as bicyclists only ding if the car thinks you didn't look in that direction, but will suppress the ding if it thinks you see the bicyclist. I sincerely doubt a cardboard cutout will food such a system.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
First, cardboard cutout takes more afford than wedging and orange or a beer can in the steering wheel.. Cardboard cutouts also don't fool IR sensors. Additionally, I've seen some demos of such driver monitoring ( Merc S class was one of them) and it even figures out where you are looking (e.g. to adjust side mirrors, instead of a switch between adjust-left-mirror/adjust-right-mirror, you simply look at the mirror you want adjusted and the car knows). The car also checks to make sure you scan the roadway with your eyes, not just blankly stare at the horizon. Even some of the warnings, such as bicyclists only ding if the car thinks you didn't look in that direction, but will suppress the ding if it thinks you see the bicyclist. I sincerely doubt a cardboard cutout will food such a system.
I agree. But based on general internet content, it WILL be done.
Sponsored