Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I fumbled with this for about 30 seconds before I figured it out. Then I looked it up in the manual when I got home. I’ve had a Cross Turismo for a full year and only realized this today.

To close the rear hatch (or trunk) from the center console screen you need to push AND HOLD the proper button. Simply pressing and releasing won’t do it. Those safety conscious engineers strike again.

Porsche Taycan TIL how to close the rear hatch from the center console screen IMG_0363
Sponsored

thebuttonmonkey

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I fumbled with this for about 30 seconds before I figured it out. Then I looked it up in the manual when I got home. I’ve had a Cross Turismo for a full year and only realized this today.

To close the rear hatch (or trunk) from the center console screen you need to push AND HOLD the proper button. Simply pressing and releasing won’t do it. Those safety conscious engineers strike again.

IMG_0363.jpeg
Is there any way to close it from the key do you know?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag

IMG_0363.jpeg
The funny part is that that was the first thing I learned when I arrived at the dealership back in December 2022 and sat in a CT. The SA said "press and hold, Tony, press and hold" 🤣

What I didn't know (thought it was always on) until today is that the warning beeping only happens if you close the trunk from the inside console or with the foot 'kick'. It's totally quiet if you press the button located in the trunk proximity.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Is there any way to close it from the key do you know?
Pretty sure it’s the same. Push and hold the button on the key fob. I have not verified though.

thebuttonmonkey

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Pretty sure it’s the same. Push and hold the button on the key fob. I have not verified though.
Tried that, maybe I just didn’t hold long enough. I’ll report back once the sun’s up!

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
The funny part is that that was the first thing I learned when I arrived at the dealership back in December 2022 and sat in a CT. The SA said "press and hold, Tony, press and hold" 🤣

What I didn't know (thought it was always on) until today is that the warning beeping only happens if you close the trunk from the inside console or with the foot 'kick'. It's totally quiet if you press the button located in the trunk proximity.
This is unfortunately not true in the US.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is unfortunately not true in the US.
That's surprising. Probably regulations are different. It seems to me that mine only "beeps" if there's a chance the user isn't actively looking at the trunk. i.e when closing from center console or by foot (which could be triggered accidentally). The button inside the trunk itself does not trigger the beeping.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
That's surprising. Probably regulations are different. It seems to me that mine only "beeps" if there's a chance the user isn't actively looking at the trunk. i.e when closing from center console or by foot (which could be triggered accidentally). The button inside the trunk itself does not trigger the beeping.
It's the bane of every US owner's existence. Some owners have actually had the dealership disconnect the speaker, or done it themselves.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

IMG_0363.jpeg
OMG, I never pressed the button until after reading your post and what do you know, you are absolutely correct! How insanely paranoid are Porsche designers? Is this why the surround view and all parking assists are completely useless if you're going to park within 12" of any obstacle? When I first tried to close by trunk by hitting the "close and lock" button, it would unlock the car and stop closing the trunk mid-way if I walked away from the car before it closed completely. Recently this seemed to have stopped happening. I assumed maybe they fixed it via OTA, but perhaps my key sensor just broke and is not letting the car know in time that I've walked away.

This is extreme level of paranoia, more than I have experienced on any car I've owned or rented (I rent cars when I travel, sometime using Turo to experience different cars - will be looking into getting a Hummer EV sometime over the next year or two of travel, haven't seen one on Turo yet, but have seen one on the road).

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag

IMG_0363.jpeg
I may be having a "Joe Biden" moment, but I have a MY 21 and swear that I could originally close the trunk from the center console with one touch of the button. I even complained to the dealer after the "big PCM update" that Porsche f'd up something during the update because my trunk button no longer worked. They then explained to me, as if I was an 80 year old man in Depends, that I needed to hold the button down until the trunk closed. It would be interesting (and good for my mental health) to hear from any other forum members with MY 20 or 21 who were originally able to close their trunks with one-touch of the button.

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes. I have an 21. And was able to close trunk with one touch. Allso surprised of the loud beep as it closed.
Sponsored