ponomo

First Name
janalyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking to purchase mamba Taycan
Country flag
Washing my 2021 turbo yesterday I noticed a tiny chip in the windshield. Do you all think I could do a cheap chip repair on it or would that be an issue?
Sponsored

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Washing my 2021 turbo yesterday I noticed a tiny chip in the windshield. Do you all think I could do a cheap chip repair on it or would that be an issue?
If you jump on that ASAP and fix it with a DIY windshield repair kit (you can buy at any auto parts store) you should be able to contain and stabilize that chip before it grows into something worse.

Porsche Taycan Tiny chip in windshield... repair? FB_IMG_1657403337722

Porsche Taycan Tiny chip in windshield... repair? FB_IMG_1657403341068

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Be sure to jump on it. I just got hit by a pebble earlier in the week which I didn't see behind a Honda CRV (not an eighteen wheeler which is what I would have expected from the damage!) and it made a golf size chip in the glass that ended up being a $4K repair job! Fortunately insurance covered it with a $50 deductible. Big hassle though, t if you can avoid all the better with not only glass replacement but also having the camera's aligned. I already had my car booked for rear tires replacement and software update so all went in together!! Best of luck with your repair!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Fighting the chip shortage one windshield at a time. ✊

We had a bad chip that even cracked a little on a Panamera. We just had repaired and it was fine for years.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Be sure to jump on it. I just got hit by a pebble earlier in the week which I didn't see behind a Honda CRV (not an eighteen wheeler which is what I would have expected from the damage!) and it made a golf size chip in the glass that ended up being a $4K repair job! Fortunately insurance covered it with a $50 deductible. Big hassle though, t if you can avoid all the better with not only glass replacement but also having the camera's aligned. I already had my car booked for rear tires replacement and software update so all went in together!! Best of luck with your repair!
Exactly, even if your insurance covers windshield glass replacements with an affordable deductible, the difficult and time it takes to find replacement OEM windshield parts, especially customers who live far from Europe, make it worth taking care of the issue early and avoid the headache of window glass replacement if possible.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Any details on why it cost so much? Even with reprogramming safety systems it’s usually less than $1k for a windshield replacement.

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Windshield by it's self was $1800, $1500 (programing) and the remains was for other parts and tax!
Sponsored