"Tips for avoiding winter range loss" - Article

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I didn't get the bit on turning regen "down" on icy roads. I see the case for safety, although I'd think "engine braking" (ie recuperation on overrun) is safer than user's own hydraulic braking even with ABS. I don't see the case for efficiency; coasting is more efficient, but that is generally valid, not sure what is specific to icy roads. Are they implying regen losses are even worse on ice, since there is more (micro)slipping/sliding?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I didn't get the bit on turning regen "down" on icy roads. I see the case for safety, although I'd think "engine braking" (ie recuperation on overrun) is safer than user's own hydraulic braking even with ABS. I don't see the case for efficiency; coasting is more efficient, but that is generally valid, not sure what is specific to icy roads. Are they implying regen losses are even worse on ice, since there is more (micro)slipping/sliding?
My guess is they are assuming that everybody uses 1 pedal driving in EVs so reducing the deceleration on liftoff will reduce the likelihood of under-rotation.
I think the Porsche system is unique(ly good :))
Sponsored