W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Towing: we know they’re going to tow with these things In Europe. Anybody interested in a towing package? Yes I know the range will be compromised when towing. I’ve had my CTT for two years and have done light towing but nothing near it’s 7800 lb capacity.

The Model S isn’t rated for towing but the identical Model X chassis is rated for 5000 lbs. The Taycan, being an European car, has to have a towing package engineered for their home market. Thoughts?
No towing option is available in UK / Europe (specifically from Porsche) and so the CT is the only option to have currently which supports a rear cycle carrier which isn't quite towing but is the only option for this purpose. I had wished / hoped that a towbar / trailer hitch would be an option so that I could use my legacy cycle carrier (same manufacturer - Thule) but no such luck and assume this is something deliberate design-wise which can't be engineered. The new cycle carrier is OTT compared to the equivalent towbar model which I had on my Pana ST.

Do agree though that the Taycan is probably not intended to lug around boats and the like.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
No towing option is available in UK / Europe (specifically from Porsche) and so the CT is the only option to have currently which supports a rear cycle carrier which isn't quite towing but is the only option for this purpose. I had wished / hoped that a towbar / trailer hitch would be an option so that I could use my legacy cycle carrier (same manufacturer - Thule) but no such luck and assume this is something deliberate design-wise which can't be engineered. The new cycle carrier is OTT compared to the equivalent towbar model which I had on my Pana ST.

Do agree though that the Taycan is probably not intended to lug around boats and the like.
Thanks for the info, was just wanting to haul a 800lb camper from a small distance, so if it’s not done in Europe, I am sure it’s not done in the US. ;)
Sponsored