Track Alignment Specifications?

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag
Looking to see if Porsche has any recommendations for track alignment specifications on the Taycan. I have a GTS Sport Tourismo, but can work with specifications from any model.

Porsche Taycan Track Alignment Specifications? BA82D550-7A3C-4769-AB4F-307FD0776F77
Porsche Taycan Track Alignment Specifications? 2125A027-ECDC-4A8E-99F0-6F735B8456DF

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I had a hard time finding alignment specs at all for the Taycan.

Are you looking to optimize your car’s handling on the track? If so, I’d suggest you get a tire pyrometer and set pressures and camber according to tire temps. Generally looking for an even gradient across the tread with the inside running about 10F hotter than outside. What is optimal pressures and alignment for you is going to depend a lot on your driving, tires, track, and balance and responsiveness you are comfortable with.

I’m taking my car out to Laguna Seca May 25. Wasn’t planning on going into setup work on this car as it’s not intended to be my regular track car. But thinking I may collect some data anyways.

I’ve done an alignment in my rear and in case anyone’s interested, from the factory there is a pretty good range of camber adjustment. -1.0 to +0.6 from stock. I settled on -1.9 deg camber front and rear and 0toe. That’s for a daily. For the track on street tires I’d probably start the fronts at something around -2.5 or so and adjust from there.

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag
Good data. I was going to play around at -1.5 to -2 and see how it felt on the street. Check some tire wear at a light track day and see what it needs. I thought for sure Porsche would of had something released. I might call PCLA and see what they say
Sponsored