Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
How often you guys getting an alignment? Cost? Is it necessary to use the dealership for this? There seems to be some contradictory info regarding alignment, I’ve read some dealerships have quoted 300, some 1500? … My GTS (with Rear Wheel Steering) is scheduled to arrive shortly 🙌
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
it shouldnt need an alignment right out the door. Any reputable tire shop can do one, but why?
Seems like a potential design flaw as noted on forum, seems like only certain adjustments can be accessed without removing bumper etc. It looks like cost is very much contingent on what needs adjusting (toe, camber , etc) - curious to hear from people who had it done and associated costs , and if they used dealer or not …from my readings, it doesn’t look like a one size fits all answer …

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Never gotten an alignment & just had my rear 21” tires replaced for the first time at 18,000 miles - Base RWD. And still had life left but wanted to be safe going into the SoCal wet season.

You should be fine - unless I nail a curb or something I’m going to let ride.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
There was a thread that covered a lot of this off recently.
Not sure what it waa titled though??

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Seems like a potential design flaw as noted on forum, seems like only certain adjustments can be accessed without removing bumper etc. It looks like cost is very much contingent on what needs adjusting (toe, camber , etc) - curious to hear from people who had it done and associated costs , and if they used dealer or not …from my readings, it doesn’t look like a one size fits all answer …
You are correct!

I was 'victim' to a potential full realignment which would have necessitated the removal of the front bumper and partial disconnection of front radiators leading to a recalibration of the front camera once refitted. The cost for this was in four figures!

Apparently all of my wheels were out which I challenged fairly robustly as I had no steering issues or uneven tyre wear.

Geometry was rechecked and mysteriously an error had been made and minor adjustment made.

The cost is due to the 7.25 hours of labour required £152 + VAT / HR) for a full alignment.

See the thread "S-H-O-C-K-E-R-O-O-N-Y".

Ordinarily, pot holes permitting this is not something you need to do other than an annual check.
Sponsored