Brucel

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E400 Wagon, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is there a reason why Porsche does not communicate why delays occur to the schedule? It’s a clever ruse to ask customers to check with their dealer and then the dealer says to rely on Track Your Dream. I’ve had my loading date go from February 4 to February 18 and now March 18. Have they put a freeze on loading due to the fire? I had hoped all the *%#t show antics that pop up in this forum were indeed a minority but it seems to me that there is a fundamental disconnect that Porsche attempts to distance itself from. It’s really negligent, in my opinion, of a high end producer to be in such a state of disarray. Takes the joy out of the experience to be jerked around without even an explanation. Things go wrong, I know that, but a good company knows the art of recovery and professional communication. I’m not seeing anything approximating this.
Sponsored

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am in the same boat as you, no pun intended, and my delivery date was pushed from Apr 1st to Apr 22nd. For the first time yesterday, I did not watch any YT video on Taycans not because I am upset but I figure if I stop thinking about it, then the day will be here sooner. But, I think the delay definitely has some relations to the fire. Whatever the reason, the excitement has definitely dwindled, but it is what it is.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
TYD is useless once the car is built. My wife picked her car up in December and TYD still says it's in port. Before the Taycan there was no such thing as TYD. All you could do is bug your SA. So go old school and call your SA and ask them to check the system to see what they can see.

Deleted member 6348

It depends on the port where your car is received. It appears that the schedule has shifted for some ports which could be relayed to the Felicity Ace fire.

After the past two years of various pandemic shipping and supply chain delays, nothing really phases me with this stuff. It will get here when it gets here and fortunately, didn’t burn.

CygnusX-1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
FWIW: generally I've found TYD to be low on utility, but still better than not having it. Today, however, I was super impressed with the timeliness of update. I'm one of those guys stalking vesselfinder and marinetraffic obsessively. Today I noticed roro Green Ridge depart Emden and was hoping that would be my ship. Within an hour of the ship leaving its dock (vessel tracking is updated every couple minutes), TYD was updated with the name of my ship and confirmation that I was on it. Super low latency. Not sure if it was a lucky confluence of events, but it did prove to me that it can be timely.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
TYD said car at Emden on 2/20. Estimated on vessel 2/18. Now says estimated on vessel on 3/28. Not sure what happened but if they keep pushing back delivery I might as well just wait for a 2023.

Westbyz80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Been stuck at “in transit to Emden Port” for a week now. It’s supposed to be a max 2 day trip from the factory to Emden.

Anyone else having these issues?
Sponsored