DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
I have been enjoying my $s since March. After fixing the initial satellite connection using the wild card key (Thank you Forumers!) I have not had any connectivity issues. I received a map update last week successfully. However for the past 3 days the map loads but there is no traffic information. In addition the globe icon on the media function is dimmed out. I did the hard reboot (two finger method) and this did not solve the problem. Looking for any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Buck
Sponsored

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I too am experiencing the same. No data related services (Apple Music, news, weather, traffic data and Porsche connect). Is the LTE symbol up on your display? Or just the two arrows with a slash across it? I’ve dropped off the car at dealer for a look see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DNADoc

DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
I too am experiencing the same. No data related services (Apple Music, news, weather, traffic data and Porsche connect). Is hothead LTE symbol up on your display? Or just the two arrows with a slash across it? I’ve dropped off the car at dealer for a look see.
I will check display. Please let me know what the dealer says...

Buck

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have been enjoying my $s since March. After fixing the initial satellite connection using the wild card key (Thank you Forumers!) I have not had any connectivity issues. I received a map update last week successfully. However for the past 3 days the map loads but there is no traffic information. In addition the globe icon on the media function is dimmed out. I did the hard reboot (two finger method) and this did not solve the problem. Looking for any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Buck
Sounds like you do not have any LTE connection. Or the connection has not enough data capacity. Sometimes the LTE symbol is there but the connection is too weak and will not do any Apple Music, Internet radio etc. It has happened that once you get a map update the LTE connection also reboots and that can give trouble.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
I too am experiencing the same. No data related services (Apple Music, news, weather, traffic data and Porsche connect). Is hothead LTE symbol up on your display? Or just the two arrows with a slash across it? I’ve dropped off the car at dealer for a look see.
I mentioned on another posting, I had this problem and was directed to dealer by phone support... was told to have car connected to the tester and do a reset. It only took an hour and problem was fixed and has not returned.
another poster I was talking with said his problem resolved at an EA charger; so sometimes it seems to fix itself. Mine didn't for several weeks but was solved at dealer.

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I mentioned on another posting, I had this problem and was directed to dealer by phone support... was told to have car connected to the tester and do a reset. It only took an hour and problem was fixed and has not returned.
another poster I was talking with said his problem resolved at an EA charger; so sometimes it seems to fix itself. Mine didn't for several weeks but was solved at dealer.
The recommended "connect to tester and do a reset", did it cause any loss of profile settings, etc.. ?

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I will check display. Please let me know what the dealer says...

Buck
Update: A few hours after I had dropped off the car at the dealer, my Porsche Connect app suddenly updated. I could remotely connect to the car, I don't think the dealer had done anything yet.

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Update: A few hours after I had dropped off the car at the dealer, my Porsche Connect app suddenly updated. I could remotely connect to the car, I don't think the dealer had done anything yet.
I have my car back. AMC1 recall also applied. The tech did a diagnostic on the PCM at my Service Advisor's insistence despite the it coming back on its own. Fingers crossed it holds.
Sponsored