tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
My '22 Taycan RWD with software update (still requires reboot 20% of the time) has now stopped playing Internet Radio stations.
What is required to play these stations? Does it run off the phone's connectivity or off its own LTE services (does this require subscription?).

Why did my Internet radio services stop and how can I trouble shoot it?

Thanks

UPDATE: Problem solved...I wasn't aware Porsche "reorganized" their Internet catalogs and my favorite old ones are no longer there. Thanks again forum!
Sponsored

Last edited:

YugoNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a3 etron, BMW x3
Country flag
Same issue here AWD '21 Worked fine until a few days ago.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
My '22 Taycan RWD with software update (still requires reboot 20% of the time) has now stopped playing Internet Radio stations.
What is required to play these stations? Does it run off the phone's connectivity or off its own LTE services (does this require subscription?).

Thanks
Is your built-in Spotify & Apple Music also not working (not referring to CarPlay or AA)?

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Music also not working (not referring to CarPlay or AA)?
No - neither of them work either...just checked.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
My built-in Spotify, Apple Music, & Internet Radio aren't working...but they were in the past. I unlinked and relinked everything through MyPorsche, didn't do the fix. There are a few threads on here about similar issues, but no mention of a solid fix besides a trip to the dealer!

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag

Thanks
When you say stopped playing internet radio- are you referring to saved internet radio stations (e.g. favorites?) or are you saying when you go into internet radio and select or find a radio internet station it is not working. Porsche recently changed their radio internet server provider and my saved internet radio stations I had to delete, do a search to find them again, saved the new ones as my favorites and they worked.

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same issue here AWD '21 Worked fine until a few days ago.
Delete your old favs and go find new ones. Porsche decided to revamp the available stations.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
There are also more stations available now from my experience.

I can now get one that wasn't available before.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
You might have used up your data allowance for the month. That has happened me, the wifi is used to connect Carplay but because it has no data left nothing works.

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
because it has no data left nothing works
Did not know this...how much data are we allotted/month on the "included" plan. I did not subscribe to the hotspot services and wondered what kind of bandwidth or amount of data we can download.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
I think you get 1gb standard and can buy 7gb extra a month. There is no top up possibility either, I spent an hour on the phone to Porsche Smart Mobility last Saturday and in the end they said they’d have to escalate it to Germany.

My wife doing a long Teams call on camera blew the entire 7gb in one drive it seems and now I won’t have data until January 8th. Teams is apparently a massive data consumer.

It’s a flaw they need to fix fast.

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good intel...thanks for sharing and sorry you are depleted. Could she have not used her mobile phone for Teams? What's the 7Gb extra cost/month?

Question: If my phone is wifi connected to Taycan, does it use the Taycan wifi or the mobile phones carrier?

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
Good intel...thanks for sharing and sorry you are depleted. Could she have not used her mobile phone for Teams? What's the 7Gb extra cost/month?

Question: If my phone is wifi connected to Taycan, does it use the Taycan wifi or the mobile phones carrier?
If we’d known it devoured that much data she wouldn’t have been on camera. We were trying to understand how it had happened and Google showed lots of people had blown their data limits using Teams. It won’t happen again.

The data costs £20 a month for 7gb Europe wide. You buy it via the Porsche Connect shop.

It would appear to use the ‘defunct’ wifi which is the real annoyance as I have unlimited phone data. If I have wifi off the phone can play music via Bluetooth and send Waze alerts but it’s a bit old school. I’m in Europe currently so DAB and FM aren’t of much use.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
You might have used up your data allowance for the month. That has happened me, the wifi is used to connect Carplay but because it has no data left nothing works.
Is there a data limit on the Porsche services? I do not believe sp. That will include all Apple Music, Internet Radio, Spotify, Google maps satellite view etc and Porsche connection to app and web page. And also SOS etc.

Carplay needs WiFi connection but that connection does not have any connection outside the car. It works internally in your car.

There is a separate hotspot WiFi package from Porsche with very limited allowance and Porsche fantasy pricing. But that works as a hotspot for other passengers in the car if they want it and do not have data connection or sim.

Something else is wrong in your car
Sponsored