OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yet another updated TSB for this, dated September 5, 2023. Linked on post 1.
Sponsored

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Just got my car back today after having this issue resolved. It took 3 days due to issues with another part and one of the bolt heads breaking off. My dealer did a very thorough replacement job for the fans and a few other parts. You hopefully can hear in my video just how pronounced the issue was on my car.
is there some common denominator on that issue what has to be replaced and replaired?
for my limited sense of english the noise in the video I would not necessary call "droning or humming". more like a rattering, fast knocking (nuckles notcombustion)

Last edited:

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Dealer inspected car two weeks ago and confirmed some debris was present. We did discuss the reason that a new fan was produced would indicate that the original was flawed. The fan is out of alignment and they have advised Porsche that both fans have to be replaced with the updated version. Can't fault the dealer but still waiting on Porsche agreeing to the repair.
What was the outcome on this with Porsche? Did they agree to the repair under warranty (/'goodwill')?

Vespercooper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross
Country flag
What was the outcome on this with Porsche? Did they agree to the repair under warranty (/'goodwill')?
Haven't heard back from them and was too busy to chase them up. I'll call them now as car is due a software recall and hopefully find out what's happening.

Reactions: 1AX

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Haven't heard back from them and was too busy to chase them up. I'll call them now as car is due a software recall and hopefully find out what's happening.
I'm in the same boat so interested to know if there is any goodwill on offer or not. So far none in my direction!

Vespercooper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross
Country flag
I'm in the same boat so interested to know if there is any goodwill on offer or not. So far none in my direction!
Sorry for late reply, end of year is my busiest time. I spoke to the dealer today and they are replacing both fans under warranty. They said they have other Taycans having the same work carried out under warranty too. It has to be UK wide if agreed by Germany.

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Sorry for late reply, end of year is my busiest time. I spoke to the dealer today and they are replacing both fans under warranty. They said they have other Taycans having the same work carried out under warranty too. It has to be UK wide if agreed by Germany.
That's useful to know, thank you

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
TSB for electric fan humming problem was updated as of December 2023 and included in OP today.

Vespercooper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross
Country flag
That's useful to know, thank you
Both fans were replaced under warranty and as a nice surprise the heater (which was working perfectly) was also replaced as a recall. Can't fault the service from the dealer.

Moiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I has this same issue with my MY2020 Taycan 4S way back in March 2022. Brought it to the attention of local Porsche Centre several times, but nothing done. Complained by email directly to Porsche Head Office and they advised the following:

"The design of the fan housing has been optimised such that the stone accumulation is no longer expected to occur"

"If it’s determined a replacement is required, Porsche are happy to cover the cost as a goodwill gesture for an optimised part to be fitted which should remedy the issue."

Replacement of the fans carried out Oct 22, but it made no difference whatsoever. Still have to scoot copious amounts of water through them after every drive to clear them out as much as possible .

Moiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Both fans were replaced under warranty and as a nice surprise the heater (which was working perfectly) was also replaced as a recall. Can't fault the service from the dealer.
I was advised by my Porsche Centre that my car would have to be on the "wednesday weekly list" of VIN Numbers before I would be contacted to have my heater changed over or if it became faulty. I too have no issues to date with my heater, but saying that, I only have 9k miles on the clock. Do you know if your car was on any such list ??

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Does anyone know if both fans should be running at the same time? Right now I’m charging and 1 fan is running while the other is perfectly still. I gave the stopped fan a little nudge with a screwdriver and it spun freely so it’s not stuck on gravel or anything. It’s possible it works just fine but I have no idea if it should be spinning now or not.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Does anyone know if both fans should be running at the same time? Right now I’m charging and 1 fan is running while the other is perfectly still. I gave the stopped fan a little nudge with a screwdriver and it spun freely so it’s not stuck on gravel or anything. It’s possible it works just fine but I have no idea if it should be spinning now or not.
So tonight I have the car charging again. This time the fan that was running last time I posted is stopped and the fan that was stopped is running. So I guess they don't have to run at the same time, and it's possible they alternate (I assume to extend the life so that one fan is not always doing all the work). Hopefully this is useful information to someone who comes looking in the future.
Sponsored