JAWarren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4
Country flag
Placed an order for a Taycan RWD with our companies lease provider SG Fleet on March 5th 2021 and was given a date of 21 October which had not moved for months. Kept chasing every couple of weeks and same date given. Then 1st week of Oct I wanted to be 100% sure it was coming as my M4 had to be returned. SG Fleet went radio silent, very very poor customer service. I’m told it’s delayed until Jan. And since Mid October SG Fleet have been totally clueless about any delivery date other than ‘Jan’ …. No clues on a build number or any detail from Porsche at all …. Hence … is a lease provider lower priority for orders than Porsche customers direct ? Is January still likely as it’s then been 10months from ordering ?
Sponsored

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I placed my order (Taycan 4S heavily loaded) at the 9th of Jun. (Cash through a company). Initially they promised 1st quarter 2022 but it was brought back. Freeze date brought to 3rd of nov, then 5th of Nov then 27th of Oct.

It’s now been produced. Communications wasn’t great but my salesman kept me up to date about the system freeze date.

I’ll guess leasing got less priority then.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
My Turbo had a date of mid July and a little like your order has been reset a few times most recently in early Oct (along with most other new car orders for my dealers) to Christmas Eve (moved en masse with other orders so clearly speculative)
It remains to be seen if that is really Jan 22 (or later) or ends up a little before Christmas but it’s certainly not a lease company factor!

OP
OP
JAWarren

JAWarren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4
Country flag
Ok thanks … good to know … patience stretched to the max, but I‘ll keep waiting and hope for a new year arrival ??

OP
OP
JAWarren

JAWarren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4
Country flag
OP
OP
JAWarren

JAWarren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4
Country flag
My Turbo had a date of mid July and a little like your order has been reset a few times most recently in early Oct (along with most other new car orders for my dealers) to Christmas Eve (moved en masse with other orders so clearly speculative)
It remains to be seen if that is really Jan 22 (or later) or ends up a little before Christmas but it’s certainly not a lease company factor!
Ok good to know, hopefully could be a nice Xmas present then !

OP
OP
JAWarren

JAWarren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4
Country flag
I placed my order (Taycan 4S heavily loaded) at the 9th of Jun. (Cash through a company). Initially they promised 1st quarter 2022 but it was brought back. Freeze date brought to 3rd of nov, then 5th of Nov then 27th of Oct.

It’s now been produced. Communications wasn’t great but my salesman kept me up to date about the system freeze date.

I’ll guess leasing got less priority then.
Yep thanks … I’m Guessing lease providers are lower priority .. ?

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Yep thanks … I’m Guessing lease providers are lower priority .. ?
My car order is a cash purchase (no lease / no finance) - and I’m trading in a 4S with a ‘fixed price to change’ deal with my Porsche dealer - hard to see why anyone would allow my car to be delayed and I’ve seen screen shots from Porsche relating to my order (loaded spec Turbo) throughout this factory delay process.

OP
OP
JAWarren

JAWarren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4
Country flag
My car order is a cash purchase (no lease / no finance) - and I’m trading in a 4S with a ‘fixed price to change’ deal with my Porsche dealer - hard to see why anyone would allow my car to be delayed and I’ve seen screen shots from Porsche relating to my order (loaded spec Turbo) throughout this factory delay process.
Thanks, I definitely need to push and escalate for details and screenshots of my order now then ??

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
My Turbo S is supposedly in production now and due for delivery next month.

Ordered in August and was originally due next Easter. Ive ordered through Octopus EV scheme and originally backed by Leaseplan which Porsche first restricted to 4S only and then pulled all allocation. Fortunately Octopus have their own lease arm now with no restrictions (at the time).

So in short, yes Porsche do restrict supply to lease providers!

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Ordered in July from Porsche Garage, told at time could be March 22, them moved to November 21 delivery , we were told UK had been given a greater allocation. Delivery has since slipped slightly but went into build on November 5th. Est delivery December 12th.

OP
OP
JAWarren

JAWarren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4
Country flag
So .. positive news now as of sending in a complaint and someone seeing my forum comments also helping escalate ... lease company head of suppliers contacted me direct yesterday .... and unknown to me up to yesterday, my car was been built in November, will arrive at the dealer 2nd week Dec and will be with me 3rd week Dec ... nice xmas present ... just poor comms from Porsche and generally ... just goes to show these forums are a great way to share experiences, knowledge and to help get things down when things aren't working !

So conclusion is ... for a UK lease company purchase, it's taken from March 5th 2021 to ~2nd week December 2021 which is 9 months lead time ...

OP
OP
JAWarren

JAWarren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4
Country flag
Ordered in July from Porsche Garage, told at time could be March 22, them moved to November 21 delivery , we were told UK had been given a greater allocation. Delivery has since slipped slightly but went into build on November 5th. Est delivery December 12th.
so sounds like same delivery date, but I ordered mine through a lease company route 4 months earlier ! definitely less priority then ..

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
So .. positive news now as of sending in a complaint and someone seeing my forum comments also helping escalate ... lease company head of suppliers contacted me direct yesterday .... and unknown to me up to yesterday, my car was been built in November, will arrive at the dealer 2nd week Dec and will be with me 3rd week Dec ... nice xmas present ... just poor comms from Porsche and generally ... just goes to show these forums are a great way to share experiences, knowledge and to help get things down when things aren't working !

So conclusion is ... for a UK lease company purchase, it's taken from March 5th 2021 to ~2nd week December 2021 which is 9 months lead time ...
Good news for you!
?

Out of interest I ordered mine about the same time (direct from Porsche OPC) and picked it up 8th August.
Sponsored