tombillented

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (Pending)
Country flag
Sure this has been covered before but in the UK we don’t have the luxury of TYD so very reliant on the dealership being communicative with progress info which they’ve been pretty good with in fairness. This is my timeline so far from the point of deposit…. Just wondering if anyone else is running on a similar timeline or has picked up their vehicle in the last month / due to very soon…

My timeline:

11th October - deposit paid with advised build slot March for April delivery.

21st Feb - Advised there would be a delay due to dealership (Reading) allocation pool being reduced due to cargo ship fire amongst other things.

26th Feb - Dealership emailed to confirm that my build slot had been confirmed for June with scheduled delivery due 15th July!

16th May - I chased for an update - Advised that the tracking has temporarily been removed for the car but not to panic as it’s happened to nearly every car in build recently - last info received still pointing towards July delivery…

How does this fit in with anyone else’s timeline? I’ve ordered the RWD Taycan with quite a few upgrades - excited as it could be here in less than 6 weeks but also not holding my breath…
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Ordered mid-Nov, allocation confirmed in Jan (to the surprise of the dealer, who hadn't been expecting any Turbo builds this year), lock end March, planned build start end April with delivery in June. Come March, spec lock date unexpectedly shifted by 2 weeks earlier, build date remained end April. By mid-April, no dates on system. Mid-May, advised it's in production then finished within a week. Currently hoping it'll arrive at dealership this coming week.

If yours is going to start build in June, I assume you've been told that your order spec is now locked.

I asked Porsche GB why I wasn't able to track using My Porsche (as I'd seen some other UK customers were able to do) and they advised that “The ‘Behind the Scenes’ Process is visible through your My Porsche Portal, via a web browser. The production process is only visible once the production process has begun at the factory. You will receive an email inviting you to view the stages in your My Porsche. If no invitation has been received, but you have been informed by your Centre that production has begun, please liaise with your selling Porsche Centre. Should your Centre need further support, they can reach out to the relevant department”. In my case that only happened after my car completed production, and I got the impression that it wouldn't have happened at all if I hadn't pestered about it. (I can't reconcile The Porsche GB statement with the tracking stages- Stage 1 is "thank you for your order" (which IIRC I never got from Porsche), Stage 2 is Silverstone Experience (which I had in Feb), Stage 3 "now scheduled for production", Stage 4 "has been produced", all of which show the same May date.)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sure this has been covered before but in the UK we don’t have the luxury of TYD so very reliant on the dealership being communicative with progress info which they’ve been pretty good with in fairness. This is my timeline so far from the point of deposit…. Just wondering if anyone else is running on a similar timeline or has picked up their vehicle in the last month / due to very soon…

My timeline:

11th October - deposit paid with advised build slot March for April delivery.

21st Feb - Advised there would be a delay due to dealership (Reading) allocation pool being reduced due to cargo ship fire amongst other things.

26th Feb - Dealership emailed to confirm that my build slot had been confirmed for June with scheduled delivery due 15th July!

16th May - I chased for an update - Advised that the tracking has temporarily been removed for the car but not to panic as it’s happened to nearly every car in build recently - last info received still pointing towards July delivery…

How does this fit in with anyone else’s timeline? I’ve ordered the RWD Taycan with quite a few upgrades - excited as it could be here in less than 6 weeks but also not holding my breath…
Don't forget the impact of the war in Ukraine. This will have added a further delay due to several Taycan components being manufactured there - wire harness for example.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Order and deposit paid mid July 2021.

Latest news was car due to go into production end of May but a non-refundable deposit hasn’t been requested so perhaps not.
Based on end of May production start the estimated arrival at Sheerness port was end of June but no idea how long for shipping to dealer (Swindon) and preparation.
When I ordered I was told around 6 months but it looks like 12 months plus in reality.
This is a CT 4S.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Latest news was car due to go into production end of May but a non-refundable deposit hasn’t been requested so perhaps not.
I don't think that non-refundable deposits are the norm in the UK (for Porsche), so hopefully you're on track.
Sponsored