UK Porsche mobile charge connect - what output with 32A commando socket

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi

I appreciate there are a number of discussions on plugs and output etc but before I arrange an electrician to install a 32A commando socket please can I just double confirm that will give 7kwh output?

Just want to be 100% sure before forking out...

Cheers
David
Sponsored

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Fab thanks @Gogs for the confirmation.

Also assuming that cable comes as standard with the U.K. charger?

Lots of questions as my car has finally arrived at Sheerness due at the dealers Monday....

Have a Wallbox installed at home but we are heading to our holiday cottage in The Dales mid August and there are no chargers nearby so thinking I’ll get a commando socket put in. be a nice area to try out the the car in. Or wait until we are back in Sept to collect it. Dilemmas!

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Yep, commando plug comes with the kit ( you can swap between 3 pin standard domestic plug and commando) all good for 7kw charge ( overnight is enough to fill battery)

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With a 3 pin plug I imagine it’s a very slow charge?

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry one more question as I plan charging at our holiday home. Please can someone let me know how long the cables are on the mobile charger?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
As jetbox says you get the blue commando, blue for single phase in most houses.
Sorry one more question as I plan charging at our holiday home. Please can someone let me know how long the cables are on the mobile charger?
I believe it is 3 meters. Not long at all. I do t have yet, but I read somewhere that the cable is very short.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I was under the impression that the supplied commando plug only works at 3.6kw with normal single phase electrics in the UK.

Porsche Taycan UK Porsche mobile charge connect - what output with 32A commando socket Screenshot_20200719-210520

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
It’s pretty short, a metre on the commando and 2.5 on the car charge end I think.

i think you can get a longer 7.5m cable as an option... ( for a price!)

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
No idea why that info says that. I can definitely get 7kw
Maybe there would have been no argument left to sell the Andersen Wallbox. Honestly, its only "benefit" is being wall mounted without additional parts. But it's extra cost and less funtionality. I really don't understand this sales sheet.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
The Andersen guys were Adamant that with the Porsche charger I would only get 3.2 or something. I knew he was wrong. I. Single phase 32Amp you will get 7.2 on three phase you will get 11kw. The max on the Taycan.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
This benefit really defeats the object of forking out for home charger "wallboxes" that lots of people have. Then again I am delighted with my EO unit.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
David-E
I took delivery (well “collected”) my 4S start of July and I’ve used every type of charger since. Ionity on trip to ferry, 13amp Connect lead via 3 pin, 50kw public charger - and last week I met an electrician to install a commando socket at my holiday home (I’ll use with the smart tech of Connect lead like you) And a few days ago my Wallbox 7.4kw (1ph) charger was installed at home (a game changer as this will suit 90-95% of my charging needs.
I’m advised to let the car control the parameters of the Wallbox and consider E7 off peak tariff but I’ve yet to program for this.
Yes, lead is short (& couple of metres shorter) on the Porsche Connect with commando (or 13amp) connections - I was acutely aware of this when planning the position of my commando socket at my holiday home. The car is w brute too ... so house : car : short lead and avoiding obstacles takes a moment of careful planning.
If you want the Connect lead assembled With commando and photographed + measured drop me a PM
Sponsored