UK Porsche mobile charge connect - what output with 32A commando socket

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
I'm using the Porsche Mobile Connect and have had a 32A fuse and commando socket fitted so that I can use the 32A dongle that came with the charger. However, it's limiting itself to 16A - says so on the screen. "Maximum 16A". This is at home on single phase, by the way.

Any ideas why it does that?
Did they deliver a 11kW version of the Charger Connect to you? Can you check the backlabel of the charger? Otherwise it does not make sense as the 22kW versions definitely charge with 7.2kW on single phase.
Sponsored

brunoreddy

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did they deliver a 11kW version of the Charger Connect to you? Can you check the backlabel of the charger? Otherwise it does not make sense as the 22kW versions definitely charge with 7.2kW on single phase.
You're absolutely right...I seem to have a 11kW version of the Charger Connect, which does show 16A on the back.

However, I can't see any Porsche website mentioning a 22kW version. Is yours (or anyone else's) a 22kW/32A version?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not that it matters to have the 22 kW PMCC since the car can only support 11 kW.
But here is a photo of the manual. There seems to be three version around here in Europe. Ihave got the 22 kW with a 23 amp connector but can not use all of it. Afriends Zoe could though!

Porsche Taycan UK Porsche mobile charge connect - what output with 32A commando socket 4ED4F464-339B-47D0-979A-1D656DEF4AB0

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Mine is 22Kw 32 Amp. I got it installed on three phase with 32Amp breakers so it is capable of 22KW. The car of course negotiations at 11Kw.
Porsche Taycan UK Porsche mobile charge connect - what output with 32A commando socket E4B8676B-E4EB-4DF6-AD19-70ED858BD1A8

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Think they are not really sure at the moment. The thought is leaving car on charge with some non-porsche chargers, keeps more systems awake and can drain the 12volt battery

Would be crazy, not to be able to leave the car charging overnight. This is absolutely normal behaviour.

Have a couple of Tesla (X and S) and even a RangeRover plugin and my normal routine is when I get to work, or home to plug whichever car I have been driving in to top up

Porsche assistance (AA) said I was the third Porsche Taycan, they had been called to last week with a 12 colt battery problem.

I unusually hadn't actually left on charge overnight...so this is not the cause of teh fault with mine

Imagine mine is just a degraded battery, from being sat in Grimsby port for 3 months

I had an early tesla model s p85+ (june 2014) and honestly, it felt more of a mature product than this Taycan

Taycan is great hardware .. but poor software
Did they (Porsche) get to the bottom of this issue and why it occurred for you?

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Guys I'm confused on this at the moment. The car came with a 3-pin blue commando socket but it is small and only rated at 16 amps. I thought it would connect to my 32amp larger commando socket. Did I order the wrong one? It is too small to connect into my blue socket.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Guys I'm confused on this at the moment. The car came with a 3-pin blue commando socket but it is small and only rated at 16 amps. I thought it would connect to my 32amp larger commando socket. Did I order the wrong one? It is too small to connect into my blue socket.
What EVSE did you get (PMC+ or PMCC) and when did you get it?

Both EVSEs (UK) are shipped with a 13A 3 pin and 32A industrial supply connector for home use.

You should have had no requirement to order anything in addition.

You must have a properly earth dedicated fused 32A supply from your fuse box to the EVSE to get 7.4kW (max on single phase).

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What EVSE did you get (PMC+ or PMCC) and when did you get it?

Both EVSEs (UK) are shipped with a 13A 3 pin and 32A industrial supply connector for home use.

You should have had no requirement to order anything in addition.

You must have a properly earth dedicated fused 32A supply from your fuse box to the EVSE to get 7.4kW (max on single phase).
I have a Hypervolt but had it put on a commando in case it's failure or loss of Internet meant I couldn't charge. I also specced the "same" blue commando plug for the Porsche supplied basic charge to ensure I could connect it instead as a fallback.

I now know better on both counts. And they should all explain stuff better! Esp to newbies!

Cheers.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a Hypervolt but had it put on a commando in case it's failure or loss of Internet meant I couldn't charge. I also specced the "same" blue commando plug for the Porsche supplied basic charge to ensure I could connect it instead as a fallback.

I now know better on both counts. And they should all explain stuff better! Esp to newbies!

Cheers.
Ok but you could have just stuck with the standard EVSE supplied with the car (not what you want to hear now I guess) unless you had a pre-existing EV setup?

No dependency on internet either - the car controls the charging via profiles and / or timers.

Dealers are inept at this stuff and there is no excuse for it either.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Presume your 32a commando is 1ph as you say it's blue. Unless you chose a different supply cable in the configurator you should've received the correct cable to for your needs. There is no option for the 32a 1ph cable as it comes as standard. Possible you selected the 16A one by accident?

In standard features under E-Performance " Supply cable for industrial electrical outlet (230V, 32A) "

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Presume your 32a commando is 1ph as you say it's blue. Unless you chose a different supply cable in the configurator you should've received the correct cable to for your needs. There is no option for the 32a 1ph cable as it comes as standard. Possible you selected the 16A one by accident?

In standard features under E-Performance " Supply cable for industrial electrical outlet (230V, 32A) "
That's exactly what happened - I saw I needed a blue commando which seemed to be an option and it didn't state you got the 32a as std. I didn't know then that blue could be 16a or 32a and that they werent compatible. Well they never told me either! Ho hum.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's exactly what happened - I saw I needed a blue commando which seemed to be an option and it didn't state you got the 32a as std. I didn't know then that blue could be 16a or 32a and that they werent compatible. Well they never told me either! Ho hum.
Bad luck but always read the standard spec before adding options - 32A industrial connector and 13A 3 pin cables supplied with the PMC+ - your dealer should have challenged you on this at point of order and / or spec lock down.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bad luck but always read the standard spec before adding options - 32A industrial connector and 13A 3 pin cables supplied with the PMC+ - your dealer should have challenged you on this at point of order and / or spec lock down.
It would be SO easy to word this in a helpful way in the configurator wouldn't it - 'swop 7.4kWh capable 32a commando for 16a smaller commando'. Job done. Same as the Acoustic glass - 7.3% reduction in noise I later read in a press release but just intern marketing twaddle in the configurator!

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
This thread prompted me to check my order and I too had ordered the 16AMP in error but the dealer has amended to the 32AMP so when it eventually arrives it will hopefully come with everything I need.
Sponsored