Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The latest version seems to be working great. Last night I was alerted by a purple notification that my wife had brought the car home with less than 30% charge (sometimes she forgets to plug it in when it's low). I walked out to the garage, plugged the car in, and it's all charged up (85%) this morning. @Jasper4S you're my hero :)
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still working like a champ. I think this latest version is nice and stable. Will update if any bugs reveal themselves.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Jasper4S This appears to be broken now. I believe Porsche made changes on their side given what I read in the iOS watch app thread.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For anyone interested, @Jasper4S has updated the plugin and it's working with the new Porsche auth methods. Jasper, thank you sir!

OP
OP
Jasper4S

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
A new version for the plugin has been released:

• 🔌 The Charger device is from now on alway a contact sensor
    (before you could choose between a contact sensor or occupancy sensor)
  • ⚡ A new optional device is added: Charing Power. The Charging Power sensor shows the current charging power while charging. A lux sensor is used.
    E.g. 0 Lux means that your vehicle is not being charged. 10 Lux means that your vehicle is charging with a speed of 10KW/h
  • 📍 A new optional occupancy device is added. Add the latitude and longitude of your home to the config and an occupancy sensor is exposed which reflects if your vehicle is located at home.
    Helpful when you want to setup automations that should only execute when the vehicle is at home)
  • 🔋 (Beta) A new optional Direct Charge device
    Currently only available if you add " directChargeDevice: true " to your config by hand. Responses from Porsche Connect API are not robust yet, official support will be added later
Under the hood improvements:
  • Your vehicles nickname is used in logs
  • The plugin now removes unused accessories. Since all plugins got a new uuid, this works only for new setups. A new setup is recommended to remove all existing and unused accessories from cache. Simply remove the PorscheTaycan config from your config.json, restart Homebridge and add the config again.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great piece of integration... Thank you.

Couple of questions:

1) Anyway to change the text/ label of the accessories?
e.g. I would like the change text 'Humidity' to 'Battery SOC'

Porsche Taycan Unofficial Homekit support for your Taycan! [Plugin available for download] IMG_FFF3E65ADC33-1

2) Change icons
Instead of humidity icon... make it a battery level icon.

3) Similarly change text/ icon of other accessories to make them more 'car centric'

I am happy to dabble in editing files on the Homebridge server.

Thanks....

OP
OP
Jasper4S

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Great piece of integration... Thank you.

Couple of questions:

1) Anyway to change the text/ label of the accessories?
e.g. I would like the change text 'Humidity' to 'Battery SOC'

IMG_FFF3E65ADC33-1.jpeg

2) Change icons
Instead of humidity icon... make it a battery level icon.

3) Similarly change text/ icon of other accessories to make them more 'car centric'

I am happy to dabble in editing files on the Homebridge server.

Thanks....
Hi @Porsche-Guru,

First of all, nice that you use the plugin!

unfortunately these are limitations in HomeKit and the Apple Home app. Car sensors or car specific accessories don't exist. Here is a full list of types I can work with: https://www.apple.com/home-app/accessories/. Which means that we have to use other kind of sensors to see the right data. So Humidity for SoC, and Lux (Light sensor) for Charging power.

What you can do, and what I did myself is, renaming the accessories. So if you tab the humidity accessory, you can edit that name. For example; I renamed the contact sensor used for detecting if the charger is connected: ('Laadpaal' is dutch for 'charger')

Porsche Taycan Unofficial Homekit support for your Taycan! [Plugin available for download] Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-13 om 19.42.46

If you have any ideas for improvements or any suggestions for the plugin, let me know. It's a hobby project, so I'm always seeking excuses to work on the plugin :)

Cheers Jasper

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A new version for the plugin has been released:

• 🔌 The Charger device is from now on alway a contact sensor
    (before you could choose between a contact sensor or occupancy sensor)
  • ⚡ A new optional device is added: Charing Power. The Charging Power sensor shows the current charging power while charging. A lux sensor is used.
    E.g. 0 Lux means that your vehicle is not being charged. 10 Lux means that your vehicle is charging with a speed of 10KW/h
  • 📍 A new optional occupancy device is added. Add the latitude and longitude of your home to the config and an occupancy sensor is exposed which reflects if your vehicle is located at home.
    Helpful when you want to setup automations that should only execute when the vehicle is at home)
  • 🔋 (Beta) A new optional Direct Charge device
    Currently only available if you add " directChargeDevice: true " to your config by hand. Responses from Porsche Connect API are not robust yet, official support will be added later
Under the hood improvements:
  • Your vehicles nickname is used in logs
  • The plugin now removes unused accessories. Since all plugins got a new uuid, this works only for new setups. A new setup is recommended to remove all existing and unused accessories from cache. Simply remove the PorscheTaycan config from your config.json, restart Homebridge and add the config again.
I upgraded to this latest version and it does not update at all. The prior version worked great. Is there anything I can do to help you troubleshoot?

OP
OP
Jasper4S

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I upgraded to this latest version and it does not update at all. The prior version worked great. Is there anything I can do to help you troubleshoot?
The logs about updating are removed. So the updates still happening, but in the background.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The logs about updating are removed. So the updates still happening, but in the background.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now I see that when there is a change, it provides a logging update, so that is helpful. Thanks again for all your work on this plugin.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Jasper4S , something is going wrong with the homebridge plugin...

[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] Registering platform 'homebridge-porsche-taycan.PorscheTaycan'
[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] [homebridge-porsche-taycan] Loaded homebridge-porsche-taycan v0.18.0 child bridge successfully
[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] Loaded 6 cached accessories from cachedAccessories.0EBB95E1CB96.
DEPRECATED user supplied a custom 'mdns' option. This option is deprecated and ignored. Please move to the new 'bind' option.
[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] [homebridge-porsche-taycan] Authentication
[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] [homebridge-porsche-taycan] Retrieving available vehicles
[23/02/2024, 16:14:35] Homebridge v1.7.0 (HAP v0.11.1) (homebridge-porsche-taycan) is running on port 44536.
Porsche error: {
pcckErrorKey: 'GRAY_SLICE_ERROR_UNKNOWN_MSG',
pcckErrorMessage: null,
pcckErrorCode: null,
pcckIsBusinessError: false
}

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Jasper4S , something is going wrong with the homebridge plugin...

[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] Registering platform 'homebridge-porsche-taycan.PorscheTaycan'
[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] [homebridge-porsche-taycan] Loaded homebridge-porsche-taycan v0.18.0 child bridge successfully
[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] Loaded 6 cached accessories from cachedAccessories.0EBB95E1CB96.
DEPRECATED user supplied a custom 'mdns' option. This option is deprecated and ignored. Please move to the new 'bind' option.
[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] [homebridge-porsche-taycan] Authentication
[23/02/2024, 16:14:34] [homebridge-porsche-taycan] Retrieving available vehicles
[23/02/2024, 16:14:35] Homebridge v1.7.0 (HAP v0.11.1) (homebridge-porsche-taycan) is running on port 44536.
Porsche error: {
pcckErrorKey: 'GRAY_SLICE_ERROR_UNKNOWN_MSG',
pcckErrorMessage: null,
pcckErrorCode: null,
pcckIsBusinessError: false
}
I noticed there was a node.js update available, so I updated to the latest v20.11.1 (last time I updated was only a couple of weeks ago), restarted everything, and it appears to be working fine now.

OP
OP
Jasper4S

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
For who is interested; I wrote a small article about the ‘how’ and ‘why’ I made the homekit plugin. It also includes a few examples for automations, so I hope it inspires some of you. You can find the article here (no pay wall or whatsoever)
Sponsored