MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
My car is MY20. I have used the UBISHENG box for several days now. I still have mixed feelings. The touch controls are temperamental (I have found it best to drag the back and stop buttons towards the middle of the screen to work properly). The buffering depends on the quality of the hotspot. If you want to watch high quality video it is probably best to use a USB memory stick with the device instead of trying to stream in real time. The most consistent use with no buffering is Youtube videos and content. I have the MMB box on order, but it looks like it is delayed.
Can you post the information about firmware installed on ubisheng?
Thank you
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
@kreshi it looks like the one you found converts wired Carplay to wireless Carplay. The MMB and UBISHENG boxes use the Carplay wired interface to download apps from the Google Playstore (including Netflix and Youtube) to the box. The box is an Android box that tricks the Carplay interface to allow the box to project onto the PCM screen. The apps on the box are not the same as the apps on your iPhone. There is the ability to screen cast from your cell phone but I have not been able to do it since the required app (Happycast) is not available on the Google Playstore to install on my Samsung phone. The price of the item you found versus the MMB and UBISHENG is less than half the cost since I do not believe it has the same functionality.

BlackT4S

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@kreshi it looks like the one you found converts wired Carplay to wireless Carplay. The MMB and UBISHENG boxes use the Carplay wired interface to download apps from the Google Playstore (including Netflix and Youtube) to the box. The box is an Android box that tricks the Carplay interface to allow the box to project onto the PCM screen. The apps on the box are not the same as the apps on your iPhone. There is the ability to screen cast from your cell phone but I have not been able to do it since the required app (Happycast) is not available on the Google Playstore to install on my Samsung phone. The price of the item you found versus the MMB and UBISHENG is less than half the cost since I do not believe it has the same functionality.
Thanx for your post!

Any updates?
Sponsored